Ultrasone Signature DJ
Apr 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #781 of 2,701
I know that this will change. Burning them in right now. The edges they show now are just a proof that they are brand new.

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #782 of 2,701
Quote:
For me, the Sig DJ is my personal holy grail of headphones for my taste and needs.  I couldn't be happier.

Nice to know that my own crusade in HeadFi has found an end today. I found the holy grail!
beerchug.gif
 I have a good German Pilsener on that right now!

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #783 of 2,701
Quote:
For me, the Sig DJ is my personal holy grail of headphones for my taste and needs.  I couldn't be happier.

I just find the extra "air" and increased sound stage a bit disorienting (when compared to the Pro or even the Mad Dogs...). Maybe is the S-Logic thingie playing tricks on me? Not sure.

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #786 of 2,701
Quote:

I just find the extra "air" and increased sound stage a bit disorienting (when compared to the Pro or even the Mad Dogs...). Maybe is the S-Logic thingie playing tricks on me? Not sure.

For some people the "S logic" really doesn't work (about 40% of people listening claim to not hear it). It sounds like you are hearing the effects. I do agree with you, and the way I describe it is the sound stage can sound somewhat "artificial". 

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #787 of 2,701
I've had the Sig PRO's for a year and love them. Got the Sig DJ's a month ago and have not yet tried the Sig PRO's for comparative purposes. At first I did feel the Sig PRO's were a bit bright but that has mellowed and/or my ears got accustomed to it. The soundstage is definitely bigger than the PRO's and the bass is just W O N D E R F U L. I intend to go back to the PRO's soon to compare but I just can't put the Sig DJ's down :)

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #788 of 2,701
Quote:

For some people the "S logic" really doesn't work (about 40% of people listening claim to not hear it). It sounds like you are hearing the effects. I do agree with you, and the way I describe it is the sound stage can sound somewhat "artificial". 

It could possibly be that!
(Can't hear that on the Pro though.)

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #789 of 2,701
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #790 of 2,701

So the edges are gone the sound evoles to its full beauty. Not sure which one I will like better in the end. They are probably both keepers. One thing that is obvious though is that the DJ benefits much more from amping than the PRO. There is a lovely harmony between the Meier Audio STEPDANCE and the Signature DJ. Holy moly whata deep and controlled bass. So no Vamp Verza for me.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #792 of 2,701
Quote:

So the edges are gone the sound evoles to its full beauty. Not sure which one I will like better in the end. They are probably both keepers. One thing that is obvious though is that the DJ benefits much more from amping than the PRO. There is a lovely harmony between the Meier Audio STEPDANCE and the Signature DJ. Holy moly whata deep and controlled bass. So no Vamp Verza for me.

I imagine they sound great with any amp, enjoy!

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #793 of 2,701
Do you guys honestly think they are worth $1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back