Ultrasone Signature DJ
Mar 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #601 of 2,701
Mar 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #603 of 2,701
Quote:

I was actually looking for a 10 foot cable without the Coil... Is the coil fairly loose and easy to stretch out? I just don't want to forget it's there and accidentally yank my Amp off the workbench. That would be sad... and embarrassing.  
tongue.gif

The coil is loose and does have a locking mechanism in the headphone, so it is theoretically possible to pull your amp off the table assuming the headphones don't come off you head first.  Yes, your $1,900 amp falling on the ground would suck big time.

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #604 of 2,701
Quote:
The coil is loose and does have a locking mechanism in the headphone, so it is theoretically possible to pull your amp off the table assuming the headphones don't come off you head first.  Yes, your $1,900 amp falling on the ground would suck big time.

We'll see how it goes, the Coiled cable may be just fine. I don't usually wander too far from the workbench when I'm out there. I'm just used to having a ten foot cable attached to me, so I'll have to be more mindful of my leash for a while. 
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #605 of 2,701
Sorry for the delay, but with ULTRA and World Music Conference here in Miami I have been a bit busy for a final fair review. In order to give fair assessment I will need a bit more time. Again Sorry for the Delay, However I will tell you that I am the only DJ here so far in Miami with Uktrasone signature DJs at the Events.

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #606 of 2,701
I saw some of your videos on your youtube channel (and commented on one of them) :wink:

I think I'm going to buy them this week... we'll see.

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #607 of 2,701
Quote:
I'm in! Craigster made another sale! 
biggrin.gif

Any suggestions for an aftermarket cable for these? Not sure if the coiled cable will work for me... 

My After market cable from Oyaide is just arrived from Japan , with this Oyaide cable 
improve the sound quality : more balance , more deep and clean bass , high more crips detail . Mid more clear and sweet .

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #608 of 2,701
Could you please provide a link to those cables?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #609 of 2,701
Quote:
Could you please provide a link to those cables?

I believe these are the ones:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ultrasone+oyaide&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=ultrasone+oyaide&_sacat=0

They've been available from ebay for awhile, so I'm sure there's a few vendors with them. I didn't know that cable was removable. It sticks down a bit off the cup though. Is that uncomfortable at all? 

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #610 of 2,701
This is probably a naive question, but I struggle with the concept of an audio cable making a perceptible difference in sound. 

Why wouldn't a high-end headphone include a headphone cable that would be optimally designed to maximize those headphones?

How does a different cable translate to a perceptible sonic difference?

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #611 of 2,701
Quote:
This is probably a naive question, but I struggle with the concept of an audio cable making a perceptible difference in sound. 

Why wouldn't a high-end headphone include a headphone cable that would be optimally designed to maximize those headphones?

I know the phrase "pandora's box" gets tossed around a lot, but your questions really open pandora's box in the true sense of the expression. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #612 of 2,701
Quote:

popcorn.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #613 of 2,701
Quote:

I know the phrase "pandora's box" gets tossed around a lot, but your questions really open pandora's box in the true sense of the expression. 

I'm really not trying to "stir the pot", just asking to gain knowledge.  I can hear a huge difference between headphones and differences between music file types as well amps, but cables???

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #614 of 2,701
For what it's worth, the only reason I've ever bought new cables was because I needed something in a shorter length or in this case a straight cable versus the coiled one they come with. I have no idea if the really expensive cables make much difference or not. In blind listening tests I dont believe it's ever been proven that anyone can actually tell the diff. There's been much discussion on this... I probably shouldn't  say anymore.... 
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #615 of 2,701
Quote:
For what it's worth, the only reason I've ever bought new cables was because I needed something in a shorter length or in this case a straight cable versus the coiled one they come with. I have no idea if the really expensive cables make much difference or not. In blind listening tests I dont believe it's ever been proven that anyone can actually tell the diff. There's been much discussion on this... I probably shouldn't  say anymore.... 
wink.gif

I see, it is like the burn-in debate (myth or reality).  I don't have a strong feeling either way about cables, but I am satisfied with the sound of my stock cable, so I am fine to leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back