Ultrasone Signature DJ
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #571 of 2,701
Quote:
Any Working club DJs who used them here or will I be the first one

I think you'll be the first one! :wink:
Definitely waiting for impressions from you to see how they fare in your environment!

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #573 of 2,701
Man, would I'd love to hear this guy... I have an M100 now and I like it almost as much as my previous Ed8. The M100 is an amazing value!

Btw, I saw some talk about the LCD 2.2 a couple pages back. If you really love good bass you owe it to yourself to check out some of the better ortho's. My LCD 2.2 demolishes my M100 and former Ed8 in bass quality. The LCD 2.2 has more bass quantity than the Ed8 and maybe just a hair less than the M100, but oh boy that QUALITY! These dynamic drivers simply can't match it imho.

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #574 of 2,701
Quote:
Man, would I'd love to hear this guy... I have an M100 now and I like it almost as much as my previous Ed8. The M100 is an amazing value!

Btw, I saw some talk about the LCD 2.2 a couple pages back. If you really love good bass you owe it to yourself to check out some of the better ortho's. My LCD 2.2 demolishes my M100 and former Ed8 in bass quality. The LCD 2.2 has more bass quantity than the Ed8 and maybe just a hair less than the M100, but oh boy that QUALITY! These dynamic drivers simply can't match it imho.

Take the M-100, have it do everything better, and you have the Sig DJ.  I would be curious to hear your thoughts comparing LCD-2 bass to the Sig DJ as I consider their bass the most impressive I have heard in terms of a quantity/quality/dynamic punch combo.

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #576 of 2,701
Listening to Queen Absolute Greatest in flac format pumping out from Hifiman HM603, through Oyaide copper cable to SigDJ, even though on the bus in HK traffic, is music to the ears. The bass, the guiters, the vocal, the separation, the space, the left and right surround. Pure enjoyment.

hey where u get the Oyaide copper cable? and how much?

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #580 of 2,701
Quote:
Posted on You Tube preliminary Plan of Action for a full review. Will fully finish it in the next few days as I got my m 100 back from being fixed

Well, it seems you are liking it up to this point... :p

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #581 of 2,701
Quote:
I also own the M-100 and am a big fan of them.  I actually think the M-100 isolate okay, but Sig DJ may isolate better.  I can tell you the Sig DJ has a more solid build with no detectable weak spots like the M-100 wing plates- all plastic is thick and high grade.  The Sig DJ blows away M-100 in comfort- cups are much larger, plusher and the most comfortable leather I have felt.  Also, the sound signature is similar to the M-100, but the DJ takes the refinement, highs, bass texture to another level.  The Sig DJ has replaced the M-100 as my primary headphone and I can't imagine another headphone taking the top spot over the Sig DJ.

oh my goodness... sounds like these are the perfect headphones for meee! ...now too bad I don't have $1,000 spare change lying around.

can you hear the difference in these headphones w/o an amp using 320kbps files? i guess i shld start saving up.

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #582 of 2,701
Quote:
oh my goodness... sounds like these are the perfect headphones for meee! ...now too bad I don't have $1,000 spare change lying around.

can you hear the difference in these headphones w/o an amp using 320kbps files? i guess i shld start saving up.

I listen with 256K files.  Yes, of course you can hear the difference, but the M-100 is highly satisfying.  If your budget doesn't allow for the Sig DJ, I believe you could be perfectly content with the M-100.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #583 of 2,701
The M-100 is indeed a very fine headphone. So good in fact, it led me full circle back to the SDJ. There is no doubt about it though, the SDJ is decidedly a step up in just about every way. But to be sure, the M-100 is vert impressive indeed.

Craig, what's your serial number on the SDJ? Mine is over 400. This is my second pair. I don't remember my serial number on the first pair, but it had to be one of the very firsts. This second pair, in my opinion is a very different headphone. The highs are not nearly as bright, bass seems bigger with better quality, and the soundstage seems larger. I really like this second pair. Not sure what to think. 

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #584 of 2,701
Quote:
The M-100 is indeed a very fine headphone. So good in fact, it led me full circle back to the SDJ. There is no doubt about it though, the SDJ is decidedly a step up in just about every way. But to be sure, the M-100 is vert impressive indeed.

Craig, what's your serial number on the SDJ? Mine is 448. This is my second pair. I don't remember my serial number on the first pair, but it had to be one of the very firsts. This second pair, in my opinion is a very different headphone. The highs are not nearly as bright, bass seems bigger with better quality, and the soundstage seems larger. I really like this second pair. Not sure what to think. 

Mine is under #200.  I don't have a second pair to compare, but I consider them to be as close to perfection for my taste as I can imagine.  I believe the Sig DJ to be the pinnacle of audiophile-grade basshead cans.  To the M-100s credit, I would describe it as a less polished Sig DJ.

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #585 of 2,701
I got #00059 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back