Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jun 22, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #2,267 of 2,701
Anyone tried to crank the treble up so far?

I am using signature dj's little brother, dj one pro, and these days, I use an eQ to boost the treble with +12db from 8khz to 20Khz.

I was wondering if most people also feel the need to do this, (especially HD800 users) and if you do crank up the treble, does it distort, or is it clean?

Also, I do dial the volume down, digitally with more, to leave enough headroom to not distort. I am curious if the headphone can handle it. 

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #2,268 of 2,701
I have mine for sale if anyone is in the market for one UK and EU only.

Jul 13, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2,269 of 2,701
Aug 3, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #2,271 of 2,701
Interesting...
Wonder if there would be any differences between ZMF's and MrSpeakers Alpha pads...

Thanks.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #2,273 of 2,701
  Interesting...
Wonder if there would be any differences between ZMF's and MrSpeakers Alpha pads...

Thanks.

What socks said. Plus, I like the ZMF pads better. 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #2,275 of 2,701
I am still stuck in the same situation as I posted at least 1/2 year ago.  I like to upgrade to this Signature Pro, but I would like to try it out first.  I contact Ultrasone, they refer me to this distributor and that distributor told me the name of the only dealer in town.

That dealer doesn't have signature pro.

Now, about 1/2 yr. ago or longer, I did a A-B test, compare my current Sony MDR-V900 to their top of the line $499 head phone at the Sony store .  Comparing the same song, there is no noticeable difference in sound quality.  So I hate to buy the signature Pro, and find out there is no noticeable difference in sound quality.

I am hoping for some sort of try out program, i.e., you can try it and return it if there is no noticeable sound quality

Or with other high tech gear, like camera lens, they have a dealer that travels w/i the country, and whenever that person come by to the local city, I can meet him and try out the lens.  So I wonder if Ultrasone has something like that

all the review should this headphone is good.  But I can't buy it unless I try it.

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #2,276 of 2,701
I am still stuck in the same situation as I posted at least 1/2 year ago.  I like to upgrade to this Signature Pro, but I would like to try it out first.  I contact Ultrasone, they refer me to this distributor and that distributor told me the name of the only dealer in town.

Now, about 1/2 yr. ago or longer, I did a A-B test, compare my current Sony MDR-V900 to their top of the line $499 head phone at the Sony store .  Comparing the same song, there is no noticeable difference in sound quality.  So I hate to buy the signature Pro, and find out there is no noticeable difference in sound quality.

I am hoping for some sort of try out program, i.e., you can try it and return it if there is no noticeable sound quality

Or with other high tech gear, like camera lens, they have a dealer that travels w/i the country, and whenever that person come by to the local city, I can meet him and try out the lens.  So I wonder if Ultrasone has something like that

all the review should this headphone is good.  But I can't buy it unless I try it.

It's a good headphone but not worth its regular asking price imo. I was in a similar position to you and I bought them as there was no way to demo them. They're better than anything Sony has to offer but I wouldn't pay full price for them.

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #2,277 of 2,701
wait for really good deals for 50% off or something like that (there have been a few in the past), don't buy for more than half the price. Not worth it. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #2,279 of 2,701

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009U5IALW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used - Amazon allows you to return if it doesn't work for you. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #2,280 of 2,701
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006H3MJT4/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_customer_package_type=0&mv_style_name=1

look at the 3rd dealer from the top, he said it's made in japan?  I thought it's Germany?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back