Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jan 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,396 of 2,701
I might try to order some replacement pads for mine... Thinking if they are hand made they will likely have alot of variation, maybe the new ones would stick out a but more :3

If not, im sure i could figure out a way to add stuffing from one earpad to the other or to just combine the earpads somehow, idk lol

But trust me, my ears can handle a tiny bit of soreness for all of the love the recieve lol. If i cant figure out a way to make my signature djs more comfy i will deal with it :)

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #1,398 of 2,701
They are not shown on the website. You have to call the Sennheiser location and ask for it.

Re the cup issue. That's why I traded mine. I tried a length of 1/4" rope under the pads and it helped a bit but honestly as pietcux said I'd try another headphone. Or try to fit a pair of Alpha pads on them somehow, then they would be amazing phones.

Thank you for the info.  I wish there were comparable headphones that would fit better, but I can't find any.  I need something closed with good isolation/minimal leakage that has large, deep ear cups.  Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics fit me perfectly, but all the great Sennheisers are open and the Beyers just don't have quite the bass I want for modern music.  As sloomingbla said, I'm willing to take a little pain for the great sound I'm experiencing 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #1,399 of 2,701
I have pretty much the same problem too. The earpads and headband are plenty comfy to me but the earcup depth could use some improving. But atleast for me its not too bad, just makes my ears a bit sore after an hour or two.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,400 of 2,701
In the forum are some solutions with the ear cup depth problem. I have some rubber tubing under the ear pads, some people do 1 piece of high grade tissue on each side. See post #1768 , some take replacement pads from other headphones or do some fabric in the ear cups to make them more comfortable.
I don't like the high grade tissue method, because I get too much space and the sound change. With different pads the same problem may be, but I have never tried, but maybe the best solution if the sound is OK.
With some fabric the sound differs too (highs).
Be creative
atsmile.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,401 of 2,701
  In the forum are some solutions with the ear cup depth problem. I have some rubber tubing under the ear pads, some people do 1 piece of high grade tissue on each side. See post #1768 , some take replacement pads from other headphones or do some fabric in the ear cups to make them more comfortable.
I don't like the high grade tissue method, because I get too much space and the sound change. With different pads the same problem may be, but I have never tried, but maybe the best solution if the sound is OK.
With some fabric the sound differs too (highs).
Be creative
atsmile.gif

seems kinda sad to me that a pair of $1k ultra-luxury headphones has comfort issues and requires such a ghetto mod. I personally was really disappointed with the earcup depth of the $300 M100s, but V-Moda has since then released XL pads. What are the actual dimension measurements for these headphones? too shallow earcup depth is an instant deal breaker for me.

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,403 of 2,701
I have both, the Sig Pro and the Sig Dj. Both have a ear cushion depth of 19 mm if not worn. This gets less when on head, not too much for my rather large ears. The same goes for the vinyl pads that I have.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,406 of 2,701
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #1,408 of 2,701
Oyaide

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,410 of 2,701
No way. It is larger(3.5 mm) and has to be srewed into position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back