Ultrasone Signature DJ
Sep 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #46 of 2,701
Quote:
Is there a chance these are better than the sig pros? Do you guys think it is worth waiting to hear these before buying the sig pros. I know price isn't always indicative of quality but these are priced lower so does that mean they are meant to be a slightly lower class headphone?

They could have a better overall sound signature if you are a bass lover as I am.  My hope is that the bass is as good as any I have heard while maintaining the fantastic mids and highs of the Sig Pro.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #48 of 2,701
Quote:
Is there a chance these are better than the sig pros? Do you guys think it is worth waiting to hear these before buying the sig pros. I know price isn't always indicative of quality but these are priced lower so does that mean they are meant to be a slightly lower class headphone?

i guess i was the only one heard of them(i have sig pro and heard a few minutes of sig dj) and i suggest you to wait.  after all they sound different. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #50 of 2,701
Quote:
fhuang, I was just in Hong Kong and no one seemed to carry the Signature Pro. Is there a shop where I can hear them next time (and hopefully the DJ too)?

http://www.aura-audio.com.hk/

there, near the ferry pier at tsim sha tsui.  they have most, if not all, ultrasone headphones. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #53 of 2,701
I'll keep my out on this one, I don't think it will certainly sound worse than the sig pro bevause its cheaper. Edition 8 cost 1600 dollars when it came out while the SigPro costs 1300, and many people say its better than the edition 8.

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #56 of 2,701
Quote:
I'm just going by their published specs, I didn't personally measure.

i know.  and maybe i was too excited so i forgot
tongue.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #57 of 2,701
Quote:
As I have heard the Sig Pro, could you please explain some of the differences from your brief listen?

it was just too long ago.  almost two months now for just a few minutes but i remember this.  more bass than sig pro.  other than that i forgot.  i talked a little bit about it earlier on this thread but now i really don't remember. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #58 of 2,701
Curious to see how these do.  Subscribed.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #59 of 2,701
I am an ultrasone fan and am curious as well in how they perform. It is interesting to see Dj branded head phones continuing the price climb into higher end audiophile territory. I Dj as a hobby, and personally I would never buy a $700 headphone to Dj with. I have a pair of dj1 pros that I use but couldn't imagine using a very expensive set as I would worry constantly about them. I use other phones at home and when i travel. These are not throw in your bag and go headphones so it will be interesting to see who picks these up. Audiophiles or DJs.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #60 of 2,701
Quote:
I am an ultrasone fan and am curious as well in how they perform. It is interesting to see Dj branded head phones continuing the price climb into higher end audiophile territory. I Dj as a hobby, and personally I would never buy a $700 headphone to Dj with. I have a pair of dj1 pros that I use but couldn't imagine using a very expensive set as I would worry constantly about them. I use other phones at home and when i travel. These are not throw in your bag and go headphones so it will be interesting to see who picks these up. Audiophiles or DJs.

IMO, these aren't really made for DJs despite including a coiled cable (it also comes with a smartphone/Ipod cable?).  I believe these are more for the audio enthusiast that is looking for audiophile-grade sound in a "DJ" tuned headphone with subwoofer-level bass.  If Ultrasone is checking out this thread, we need some unbiased reviews or at least early impressions to jump start sales as only those with significant disposable income would risk purchasing new unheard, non-reviewed $699+ headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back