Ultrasone Signature DJ
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,672 of 2,701
I have the black dragon cable, which was hard wired by Moon and Moon Audio didn’t send me the stock cable when I purchased the DJ’s from Moon. Kinda pissed as it was a recommendation from the owner to do it the way they sent it to me. DJ’d hard wired and Black Dragon cable hard wired. Going back I wish I had it set up differently. I would have liked to be able to connect an array of different cables on the modification. Anyway, I do enjoy the sound. I have many Moon cables by the way.
Why do you think the stock is better?

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,673 of 2,701
Hey guys, thinking about selling my Signature DJ's as I haven't been using them. Anyone interested in buying a pair?
Being that I work from home I don't really need closed headphones any more.
Unfortunately I can't find the original box/case, and the original pads are v squished but have ZMF oval cowhide pads on them which improved sound and comfort (at the expense of a bit of seal)

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,674 of 2,701
Hey guys - I've had the sig djs for a while now, but I've been wanting to upgrade to a comfier pair of earpads as these keep rubbing against my ears. Earpads with a deeper cup would be extremely nice - are there any options I could choose from that won't mess too much with sound quality?

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #2,676 of 2,701
I got the alpha pads to solve that same issue and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.
It may change a bit how it sounds but it's just so much more comfortable ... (And no more ear rubbing ...)
Sounds worth it to me too! haha. Any videos or anything on how to attach them? From what I've searched it seems to require grafting

Oct 10, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2,678 of 2,701
Got them in, absolutely love the pads + the sound they give.

Only one problem - now the headphones tend to put some decent pressure on my head. Anyone tried stretching the headphones to reduce clamping force or anything?

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #2,679 of 2,701
Edit: I noticed someone recommended angled pads for these headphones, despite them knowing SQ differences. I wouldn't suggest that. The ultrasone drivers are already angled, so angled headpads would ruin their tuning.

Hey guys - I've had the sig djs for a while now, but I've been wanting to upgrade to a comfier pair of earpads as these keep rubbing against my ears. Earpads with a deeper cup would be extremely nice - are there any options I could choose from that won't mess too much with sound quality?

I actually use sheepskin Sony MDR-7506 pads I bought from B&H Video. They are basically the same thickness and also fit perfectly, sound like new-stock without costing you over $100 USD. (they are like $30 I think). I find the stock pads (and I did buy replacements OEM), are really suck. They age like a dog, and sag like trash. They are the worst OEM earpads i've ever used.

In fact the ones I use now also seal better which helps with isolation and bass(which these rock on) I've had them for years so I would of noticed negative effects when I swapped to the MDR pads.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...dr7506_Genuine_Sheepskin_Leather_Earpads.html

I wanted the classic MDR-V6 style sound for nostalgic purposes and got a package deal with these. I've been using them for 2 years as well, and unlike the OEM pads they don't lose their plump and they don't smell like dead hair.

Got them in, absolutely love the pads + the sound they give.

Only one problem - now the headphones tend to put some decent pressure on my head. Anyone tried stretching the headphones to reduce clamping force or anything?

For you I would suggest buying a headpad cushion from amazon. This has 2 advantages with this headphone, those that struggle with the lowest setting, and those that struggle with tension since it'll allow you to expand the band.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those looking for an amp I would suggest a colored tube amp, I found they work better than clean solid state amps with this headphone. I personally enjoy the Lyr 2 with orange globes with this HP. But tubes are really variable, so TLDR is it sounds less flat with orange globes.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #2,680 of 2,701
Are the stock earpads available anywhere? I'd like to replace mine, but I don't see them for sale. Even contacted Ultrasone via their website well over a week ago, but no response.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #2,681 of 2,701
Hello friends! Has anyone found better headphones than these in terms of bass? I regret that I sold my signature dj. :frowning2: The headphones were excellent, they made me happy. Now I want to try the dt770pro 250ohm, but they are probably wors in everything.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #2,683 of 2,701
The Ultrasone Signature Pulse has better bass. Similar quantity, cleaner, more sub bass. I'd consider it a straight upgrade to the DJ's in all regards, unless if for some reason you prefer the slightly recessed mids of the DJ (they are full on the Pulse). My knowledge is limited to Ultrasone and Hifiman though, so best to take other opinions as well.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #2,684 of 2,701
The Ultrasone Signature Pulse has better bass. Similar quantity, cleaner, more sub bass. I'd consider it a straight upgrade to the DJ's in all regards, unless if for some reason you prefer the slightly recessed mids of the DJ (they are full on the Pulse). My knowledge is limited to Ultrasone and Hifiman though, so best to take other opinions as well.
This is true?! Excellent! I really like DJs and I'm looking for something similar. I will definitely try pulse.

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #2,685 of 2,701
I replaced the pads on my Signature DJ with the extra fake leather pads that came with my Masters, the ones on the DJ were super beat.

That said, I hate them, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back