Ultrasone Signature DJ
Aug 28, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #2,341 of 2,701
  When I first join here, I must  have search under ultrasone signature, and this thread comes up, back then, I don't even know there is 2 different ver.  As to the Signature Go, I just find out today, and yeah, you're right, it's a cheap headphone, so I'll pass on that

And you're right about buying w/o trying, I have try to get a hold of either the pro or DJ ver., I contact the head office of Ultrasone, they bump me to some distributor, that distributor give me the name of the dealer locally, but they don't sell Signature Pro / DJ, so there is no way of trying.  I also try rental or some sort of test demo, there is no such program.  But the review of the pro or the DJ is very good.

sometimes I wonder what other members would do if they can't get a hold of any dealer in town that sells it.

I would avoid to buy that exact item until testing. 

I had a glimpse of signature dj in romania, in a store named DVDplaned. 

When I went to get a second listen they told me that I do not get to test until buying something. 

I know that I am going to try to buy signature dj in the close future, because it was the only headphone that amazed me in a closed back version. 

I did not try signature pro, mostly because I love the soundstage of dj one pro, and considered soundstage important. 

You might be happy with either signature headphones, to get an ideea, you could buy a cheaper version, for example, signature dj is extremely similar to cheaper dj one pro, but signature dj is much more exact, refined, detailed. For refference, dj one pro is already amazingly clear, similar to the best there is. It is a 5%-10% difference, but it is totally worth it, if you are eccentric. 

You should buy a dj one pro, and if you like it enough, keep it, and keep the rest of money. Or return it, then buy sig dj, if you want more of what you heared but more detailed. 

I would buy the cheaper version first to get a taste of what I am going to get. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #2,342 of 2,701
See, w/ camera, they have a dealer that drives to different part of the country, and when this guy  arrives locally, I can go to the largest dealership and rent out the lens for a day to try out.

I contact Ultrasone on this, they bump me to the local distributor and he said there is no such program.

I am still trying aggressively for  a demo unit before Dec., otherwise, I have to buy it, try it, and if there is no difference, sell it here at this forum

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #2,343 of 2,701
At the risk of sounding crass (not my intention) sometimes "you gotta pay to play"

Overall though HH with the amount of research you've done and with the countless reviews you've most likely read you should have some idea if your going to dig the sound or not.

Sometimes you have to base these things on a well educated (and informed) guess.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,344 of 2,701
  besides the signature DJ / Pro, is there any other Ultrasone headphone that can fold flat or fold in a ball, ie. portable?

The lower level Performance series (I own the 840 as my portable headphone and added Mr Speakers Alpha pads) folds flat and is a good portable solution.  I prefer it's sound and comfort to both the Sig Pro and Sig DJ. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #2,345 of 2,701
  At the risk of sounding crass (not my intention) sometimes "you gotta pay to play"

Overall though HH with the amount of research you've done and with the countless reviews you've most likely read you should have some idea if your going to dig the sound or not.

Sometimes you have to base these things on a well educated (and informed) guess.

I know.  At amazon, I think they have some sort of satisfaction guarantee, I can call them and find out.  But amazon doesn't take paypal, which is a small issue.

Ultrasone itself sells the unit at $1299 at amazon.  I can contact each seller, or amazon, see what kind of refund / satisfaction guarantee there is

the funny thing is, since Ultrasone themselves sells at amazon, and if they have no demo prog. in north america, then they train wreck their own channel, compares to the camera demo prog. I mention above.  Perhaps I can contact them that way and see if there is a demo prog. available

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #2,346 of 2,701

Perhaps I can contact them that way and see if there is a demo prog. available

Worth a try I suppose.  Keep in mind however that Ultrasone is not a Nikon or a Canon (in relation to size...economics ..etc).

Ultrasone is still a fairly small company they may have the resources to provide such a program, unlikely that they will though.

Reach out to them and see
beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #2,347 of 2,701
if I were a manager of Ultrasone, I would have start such a demo prog.  It's a brilliant idea.  1 salesman, travel to major cities in North america, thru out the year, and prior to his arrival, the local dealers informs the end user, and everyone just come up and try their headphones.  Or rental by mail at the very least.  There is a website that rent out books like that

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #2,348 of 2,701
Its a solid idea HH.

You never know.

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #2,349 of 2,701
  if I were a manager of Ultrasone, I would have start such a demo prog.  It's a brilliant idea.  1 salesman, travel to major cities in North america, thru out the year, and prior to his arrival, the local dealers informs the end user, and everyone just come up and try their headphones.  Or rental by mail at the very least.  There is a website that rent out books like that

You know, headphones above 300$ mark are not use items, but luxury items. There is not a single luxury items seller that does a demo like what you mentioned. Mostly because it is not a matter of value for items, you are paying for overpriced items. 

How fun would it look for a rolex watch dealer to make a demo programe for their watches?\

The list can go on, when you buy any headphone above the 300$ mark, you are paying for premium, not for the utility of that certain headphone. I do not recall any other headphone company offering something like this, but big companies have headphones up for testing mostly because the shops decide to open a headphone for their clients, to sell better. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #2,350 of 2,701
  I know.  At amazon, I think they have some sort of satisfaction guarantee, I can call them and find out.  But amazon doesn't take paypal, which is a small issue.

Ultrasone itself sells the unit at $1299 at amazon.  I can contact each seller, or amazon, see what kind of refund / satisfaction guarantee there is

the funny thing is, since Ultrasone themselves sells at amazon, and if they have no demo prog. in north america, then they train wreck their own channel, compares to the camera demo prog. I mention above.  Perhaps I can contact them that way and see if there is a demo prog. available

Too bad you dont live in Australia, the sig dj are on sale here for $535 usd.

I would suggest what other in the thread have suggested and try the entry level ultrasone models first before stepping up to their high end models. The dj1/hfi-580 or dj1 pro/pro 550 are good ones to start off with.

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #2,351 of 2,701

Too bad you dont live in Australia, the sig dj are on sale here for $535 usd.

I would suggest what other in the thread have suggested and try the entry level ultrasone models first before stepping up to their high end models. The dj1/hfi-580 or dj1 pro/pro 550 are good ones to start off with.

is there a link or any online store you can recommend?  I'm interested in the Signature Pro instead

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #2,354 of 2,701

The sig pro is on sale here for $700 usd from https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/ultrasone-signature-pro-headphones/ but unfortunately not available to overseas buyers i dont think.

hihi, I chat w/ them.  It says they are authorized dealer and they confirm the warranty is 2 yr.  But on ultrasone website, the warranty is 5 yr., would you by chance know why?

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #2,355 of 2,701
  hihi, I chat w/ them.  It says they are authorized dealer and they confirm the warranty is 2 yr.  But on ultrasone website, the warranty is 5 yr., would you by chance know why?

I believe they are actually covered by 2 different warranties. The 2 years is with the dealer and the 5 years with ultrasone. When i got my pair of sig dj's from a local authorised dealer it only came with a 12 month warranty from that dealer. However inside the headphone box there are details on how to register the headphones on ultrasones website which gives you ultrasones own 5 year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back