Ultrasone PRO900
Mar 14, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #661 of 924
Mar 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #662 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KeeS I have found that it doesn´t hurt to ask them... They can offer arrange shipping though it costs a bit extra of course.

I tried ebay is it this that is dynamat? eBay Motors: DYNAMAT BULK PACK EXTREME 36 SQ.FT SOUND 4X DAMPING NEW (item 160319689740 end time Mar-14-09 18:36:12 PDT)

not really cheap

Yes, that's it. It is used to dampen sound and vibration in cars. It is also available in smaller quantities, and yes, it is rather expensive.

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #663 of 924
My Silver Dragon just arrived. I changed cables right away and plugged in.
Hmmm. Maybe it needs some serious burn-in, but I lost most of the sparkle in the higher midrange and all of the midrange and low end detail....
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif

Anybody else here have any experience with the Silver Dragon and PRO900 (or other UIltrasone)?

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #664 of 924
Kees, I think my blue dragon took ~80 hours to settle down, twice the recommended break-in time. So the 100 hours recommended for the silver dragon might be the bare minimum. Oh, and I had to do your mod again I was really falling asleep from stock
tongue.gif
I'm at 250 hours now and your mod rocks.

oqvist, you should burn-in your new cable for 50 hours just to make sure it's settled down. Since they are both copper cables and since I think the stock one is actually pretty good, I'd suggest becoming very familiar with both cables through long listening before A/B'ing them.

Ultrasone's next headphones the Edition 8 are like Pro 900's cable, "Ultra-soft" (?), but is made of OFC, I wonder how it will compare to aftermarket cables.

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #666 of 924
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #667 of 924
sounds like I betted on the right horse then going all copper, power cable, DAC, Interconnects and headphone cables lol. Though I would on a second attempt spend far less on it though
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #669 of 924
Not really because Ultrasones aren't famous enough to be counterfeited. If you think there's counterfeits because the Pro 900's look different from the Pro 550's they just have a upgraded design. Post pics of the headphones inside and outside if you think they are counterfeit.

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #673 of 924
In generally brighter is what I have heard. Doesn´t seem that popular with these from what I read though. I run with some Clarius cables (copper like the stock cable). Long time since I listened to the stock cable. But if you order one make sure you get a 30 day satisfaction warranty or something so you can send it back.

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #675 of 924
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In generally brighter is what I have heard. Doesn´t seem that popular with these from what I read though. I run with some Clarius cables (copper like the stock cable). Long time since I listened to the stock cable. But if you order one make sure you get a 30 day satisfaction warranty or something so you can send it back.

Surprisingly it's not. It just makes the midrange and upper bass more massive sounding and als makes it loose a lot of detail. Highs are less sparkly.
It's about the opposite of what I expected.

How is this Clarus cable compared to stock?
Where did you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back