Ultrasone Pro 900 too much Bass for Trance?
Jul 30, 2012 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ghaunty22

100+ Head-Fier
Doing some reading these seem to be recommended alot for Trance. 

But looking for details about the bass & clarity.
I read these are bass monsters. I have listened to my bro's Dr Dre Beats & was disgusted at the huge chessy bass. So would I like these? Is it too much bass for trance? I find some songs its hard to hear the detailed melodies with bass.

For Trance are these best for clarity? I really wont to hear the details with not too much bass. I can already tell the diff from FLAC to 320mp3 with some tracks on these cheap headphones & A5 speakers. So will the bass of these cover the detail up?

Looking for suggestions, any other headphones you think would be better? Even if its worth spending a bit more.

I do plan on getting an amp.

Thanks.

edit: Seems the sennheiser hd600 have less bass & probably better for me.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 6
Although I don't listen to Trance, I do have the Pro 900's and I can say that yes, the bass is extremely strong, but that it doesn't overpower the other frequencies like would happen in a lot of cheaper bass-heavy cans. I am still able to easily follow the sounds in the mid and high range just fine.

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 6
AFAIK the Pro900 are some of the bass heaviest cans around, but they do it with great detail. I think it will be too much for you.

I personally think you should look at the Denon D2000 + Yulong D100. Thats DAC+AMP+Headpnones. Even look at the D5000 if you can.

They have very nice bass, are very musical, like a clean source, comfortable, and are fairly balanced with a slight mid recession, thats not annoying, but it is annoying on my D7000.

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
AFAIK the Pro900 are some of the bass heaviest cans around, but they do it with great detail. I think it will be too much for you.

I personally think you should look at the Denon D2000 + Yulong D100. Thats DAC+AMP+Headpnones. Even look at the D5000 if you can.

They have very nice bass, are very musical, like a clean source, comfortable, and are fairly balanced with a slight mid recession, thats not annoying, but it is annoying on my D7000.

x2 ,,, but i'd go with the D5000, with fiio e6 bass boost they can rattle you skull and they sound very musical and play to  ear-damaging levels unamped straight from in ipod, they have a lots of details and some prefer it to the HD650. stay away from the D7000, they're overpriced but very nice cans though.

get the D5k just for 460$ on amazon + you can check out the D5k reviews HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back