Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #5,462 of 5,992
I burnt mine in by playing them at a slightly high normal listening level playing on shuffle through all my songs.

I'm trying to bring out some of the mids by EQing. Using this image.

Suggestions?

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #5,464 of 5,992
Quote:
Hi,

(I have also created a separate thread for this - if needed, pls remove that one or this reply, txs)  

I am in the market for these (as far as I can judge) brilliant headphones, and have found them at Amazon
for a reasonable price (unfortunately not the Lightning Deal).

But the one offered there, seems to be (or are) the old versions of this product.

From Ultrasone I got confirmed:

- Old Version: til May 2010 – 2 pcs. of 3 m cables (straight / coiled) and silver and black ear pads, adapter.
- Current Version: from June 2010 on – 1 pcs. of 1,5 m straight cable + 3 m coiled cable – 2 pairs of black ear pads, no adapter, with soft lack painting.

Also, when comparing more specs, there are some (important?) differences:

Old model:
Frequency range: 8-35.000 Hz 
Sound pressure level: 94 dB 

New model:
Frequency range: 6-42.000Hz
Sound pressure level: 96 dB

Also I am not sure if both offer S-Logic Natural Surround Sound Plus, or if the old model "only" offers S-Logic PLUS technology.

As far as I can judge, all these differences can make a significant difference between the two versions.

Question: Are all the "rave reviews" given at this forum based upon the old or new version?

Question: Has anybody tried both versions, and if so, were there differences? (taken burn-in into account)
Question: Is the "Kees Mod" applied on the old or new version?
 * Any other useful comment is much appreciated *

P.S. I have tried the new model already and liked their sound (although I don't know the burn-in time of these).

Txs in advance

I also would like to know an answer to this. I really want to buy this tomorrow on Amazon using my points, but they listed the older model. Is it possible the info simply outdated and they're actually selling the newer model?

===========================

EDIT

Based on one of the reviews, I believe they're selling the new one:

Quote:
The product description does not exactly match what I found in the box. The cable with the straight length does not measure 3 m, if that means 3 meters, which is equivalent to about 10 feet. My straight cable measures 5 feet. It has 3.5 mm male connectors at each end, but the end intended to connect into the left headphone is threaded so it can be screwed in for a secure connection. The other end can be plugged into a computer’s audio output jack (or anything else that accepts a 3.5 mm connector).

I have no idea why the product description refers to a gold-plated adapter 6.3/3.5 mm. The second cable in the package, which is coiled, has a 3.5 mm threaded connector for the left headphone, and at the other end it has the bigger 6.3 mm male connector. That’s it. No adapter. Everything else seems to be as represented in the description.

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5,465 of 5,992
Hi Guys,

After using my PRO-900 for 120 hrs with fiio e11 AMP , the left phone stopped working. It works some times and stops then if i shake it or hit it with finger it sometimes  starts again.

Anybody have any idea what is going on ?

Same thing happened last time i replaced them then, now they out of 30 day warranty so i have to get manufacturer warranty.

Anybody used the manufacturer warranty in US ? what is the procedure ?

Let me know, Thanks in advance.

May 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #5,466 of 5,992
Got my Pro900's today, straight out of the great packaging hooked them up to my vintage KA-5700 and immediately fell in love with the sound. What amazing soundstage, bass and crisp highs.

Love them. :D

May 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #5,469 of 5,992
Can anybody walk me through the fitting of the Sony MDR-XB700 pads to the pro 900's i just picked up a faulty pair of the sonys and want to use the pads on my pro's

This should be interesting. Reason for this?

May 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5,471 of 5,992

Users who are viewing this thread

Back