Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #3,541 of 5,992
I am currently in the process of the transformation to PRO9700... Palms are sweating, hands are shaking but hopefully everything goes without any major fails. 
P.S them ultrasone stock pads are made like a freakin tank 
blink.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #3,542 of 5,992

Quote:
I'm looking to sell my 900's, if anybody is looking for a pair let me know! Comes with silver pads, J$ pads, and 10ft blue dragon 1/4". Mint condition w/ all original packaging & accessories.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578537/ultrasone-pro-900-10ft-blue-dragon-1-4-j-leather-pads-silver-pads

I'm gunna miss these, curse you college tuition bills!!!

That sucks, hope you get a job so you could buy them again!

Great deal on these, check em' out.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #3,543 of 5,992

Quote:
Hey guys,

Random question - What would an in-ear headphone (IEM) be that sounds similar to the Pro 900s?

Thanks!

I've heard that the TF10 has a similar signature when I asked the same question.  You may wanna ask DannyBai, though--he has a lot of experience with IEMs, and apparently now likes the PRO900.  :D

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #3,544 of 5,992

Quote:
I am currently in the process of the transformation to PRO9700... Palms are sweating, hands are shaking but hopefully everything goes without any major fails. 
P.S them ultrasone stock pads are made like a freakin tank 
blink.gif

Yeah dude.  That's what I was saying.  That rubber-coated nylon multifilament thread is a BEAST.  I think Ultrasone put more R&D just into their pads than Denon put into the entire D2000.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #3,545 of 5,992
hey guys im considering  buying some pro 900s now, but wonder how they compare to the dt 990 and the d2000s?

mainly in terms of bass obviously, but also the mids/highs.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #3,546 of 5,992
The Pro 900 has the strongest bass of the three by quite a margin.  Its mids are slightly recessed, and its tonal quality is a bit off.  Some find its high very harsh, but I found them pleasantly aggressive.  

The D2000 take the bass of the Pro 900, tones it down a bit and presents it in a more realistic way.  I think its mids and highs are better, but it also depends on the genres you listen to.

While the Pro 900 is a great all-arounder, I find the D2000 to be an even better one.  If you only listen to things like Dubstep, though, I'd imagine you'd find the Pro 900 to be much better than the Denon.

I didn't like the DT990 600ohm when I had it, it was aggressive, but very very bright and its bass, while amazing for an open can, isn't in the same ballpark as the bass of the Ultrasone and the Denon.

Quote:
hey guys im considering  buying some pro 900s now, but wonder how they compare to the dt 990 and the d2000s?

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #3,547 of 5,992

Quote:

I own the D2000 and while I love them, I prefer the pro 900.  I had to markl mod the d2000 to tame the boomy bass and bring out the mids and highs a bit more.  In my opinion, the only thing that lacks in the pro 900's is the mids.  The bass is the best I've heard on the pro 900's and I think the highs are crystal clear.  I did notice with the stock cable that it can be a little sibilant.  No experience with the 990's.  

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #3,548 of 5,992

Quote:
I've heard that the TF10 has a similar signature when I asked the same question.  You may wanna ask DannyBai, though--he has a lot of experience with IEMs, and apparently now likes the PRO900.  :D

I've never heard the tf10's but I bet they share some similarities.  Of the iem's I own, I think the fx700's come the closest.  I love the portability of iem's but they can't replace full size cans.  

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #3,550 of 5,992

Quote:
The Pro 900 has the strongest bass of the three by quite a margin.  Its mids are slightly recessed, and its tonal quality is a bit off.  Some find its high very harsh, but I found them pleasantly aggressive.  

The D2000 take the bass of the Pro 900, tones it down a bit and presents it in a more realistic way.  I think its mids and highs are better, but it also depends on the genres you listen to.

While the Pro 900 is a great all-arounder, I find the D2000 to be an even better one.  If you only listen to things like Dubstep, though, I'd imagine you'd find the Pro 900 to be much better than the Denon.

I didn't like the DT990 600ohm when I had it, it was aggressive, but very very bright and its bass, while amazing for an open can, isn't in the same ballpark as the bass of the Ultrasone and the Denon.

thanks for the quick response, i officially see you as the ultrasone pro 900 expert of head-fi :)

umm u think the denons are close enough to the hd 650s to justify me skipping them and getting the ultrasone instead for their crazy bass.  i know the denons have a more refined sound, but i feel that they might be too similar sounding to the hd 650.

i want a really bass heavy headphone, but i dunno how much bass the pro 900s have compared to per say the denons and the hd 650s. i dont know if the extra bass is enough to justify the recessed mids and more artificial sound compared to the denons, or whether the hd 650s can satisfy that need for clean bass and quality whenever i need it whereas the pro 900s will quench my thirst for bass.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #3,551 of 5,992
Nov 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #3,552 of 5,992
Erm, I've been using these as gaming headphones on my xbox360, but I can't obviously use a mic. I tried wearing, both the xbox default headset and pro 900s at the same time. Doesn't work too well. Is there a way I could use a different mic with the headphone and be able to talk and hear what people say through the headphones. I also use the creative surround sound card on my laptop and love it surround sound capabilities. I'm looking to get these (http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/audio-processors/ear-force-dss/livetabid/6743.aspx) for my xbox and wondering if any one has used them with the pro 900s or would recommend it.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #3,553 of 5,992
First post..
Also my first step away from the beats IEM's I have. 
eek.gif

Yea.. I know but I was on a 4 hour layover in LA, got drunk and found a Best Buy machine.
Love me some metal and dubstep so I'm thinking I just found my next headset with these 900's.
If I do I'm wondering how many of you uses these while traveling? I would be using them quite a bit when I fly.
How's the mobility with them?

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #3,554 of 5,992
Nov 3, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #3,555 of 5,992
Quote:

used for too long, not enough pics, and too expensive. sorry 
frown.gif

plus i dont see what the big deal is with those J$ pads, personally i dont like them, too big.

Fair enough. But used for too long...... what? They're barely half a year old! Also pics are upon request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back