Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #3,256 of 5,992
Anybody want my PRO 900? Mine are catching dust. The bass is just too much! I like my IEMs much more now.

A classified will follow soon but I have little time right now. Great condition, Europe/Germany.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #3,257 of 5,992

Quote:
Yeah I'm starting to settle on either the M-Stage or the Matrix Quattro - which is basically two M-stages bolted together for balanced operation... Balancing the Pro 900 should be fun 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I believe you have to have done the duel entry mod in order for the balanced function to work. Correct me if I'm wrong

Edit: Misread that, good luck balancing your Pro 900
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #3,259 of 5,992
The Pro 900 is extremely picky about placement.  Just a little movement back or forth can cause a difference in sound signature, and this is one of the reasons I started looking at other headphones.  With the Pro 900, I'd always find myself fidgeting with them to find the perfect fit.  Once you find that perfect fit, SQ is phenomenal, but it is still an annoying process nonetheless.

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #3,260 of 5,992

Quote:

I believe you have to have done the duel entry mod in order for the balanced function to work. Correct me if I'm wrong

Edit: Misread that, good luck balancing your Pro 900
biggrin.gif

I see that you've balanced your Pro 900 as well... How would you describe the changes in sound?

And I'm gonna go single-entry balanced on mine 
cool.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #3,261 of 5,992

Quote:
The Pro 900 is extremely picky about placement.  Just a little movement back or forth can cause a difference in sound signature, and this is one of the reasons I started looking at other headphones.  With the Pro 900, I'd always find myself fidgeting with them to find the perfect fit.  Once you find that perfect fit, SQ is phenomenal, but it is still an annoying process nonetheless.

The number one reason to use the XB700 pads in my opinion.  My wife started laughing when I brought them out, and then I made her try them on.  She goes "Well, they look f'ing ridiculous, but I want to keep these."  It fixes the placement issue and greatly increases isolation.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #3,262 of 5,992

Quote:

The number one reason to use the XB700 pads in my opinion.  My wife started laughing when I brought them out, and then I made her try them on.  She goes "Well, they look f'ing ridiculous, but I want to keep these."  It fixes the placement issue and greatly increases isolation.

Where can we get those without the headphones ? 

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #3,263 of 5,992
Hi everybody!! Nice to join all of you.
After reading all threads about Pro 900 it seems to me that they are the best cans, at least for trance/techno music that is my favourite.
So I'm about to buy them and Matrix Cub and planning to use them with laptop. What do you think about this pair, maybe someone has already tried?? Or even if not, anyway I'm interested in all opinions, cause I'm completely green in this field...))

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #3,266 of 5,992
I never have any issue with placement. I throw on and go with my 900's. However, I have big issues with placement on my Edition 8 - still others don't. I feel each Ultrasone headphone is different for every person. The way the S-Logic works with different people's bone structures, head size, ear shape, and other factors makes a big difference and can vary widely from person to person.

Anyone have good results from the JMoney pads? I keep asking about them and no on ever speaks up. 

Quote:

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #3,270 of 5,992
yea but they are fingerprint magnets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back