Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #3,241 of 5,992

Quote:
I burned-in mine for 60hrs and the sound is really full and bass got stronger. You should get an amp like the Fiio E11 which I got today. And all I can say is WOOooWW! I thought the Pro 900s are awesome straight from my walkman but I was wrong. These headphones really do shine with an amp.

Thanks for the input. I guess I will burn it in for a while before I take them outside.  I should be getting an iBasso T3 from someone on this forum, but I think I might get the E9 and E17 when the E17 comes out.  I can't wait.

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #3,242 of 5,992

Quote:
Why do I have to turn the volume knob so far for it to be loud enough!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!!!! Please I want an answer it's the third time I ask, its the only headphones I can turn the know that far without it being to loud to listen to, and I really don't get why.... 

I really don't think that the 900s are supposed to require more volume than your 650s. Something is definitely fishy.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #3,243 of 5,992

Quote:
I ordered mine yesterday, should be getting it in the beginning of next week.  I downloaded the file Soreniism posted up for burn in.  Do I just play this file for 100 hours straight?

Take a quick listen at around 20 hours and you'll hear them going in the right direction, they get really good at 50 hours and a bit less shrill with slightly tighter bass at 100 hours.

Quote:
Why do I have to turn the volume knob so far for it to be loud enough!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!!!! Please I want an answer it's the third time I ask, its the only headphones I can turn the know that far without it being to loud to listen to, and I really don't get why.... 

What are you driving them from? Sounds like something is wrong...

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #3,244 of 5,992
But they do... Contrary to common belief on this thread, the pro 900 like to be powered well. I compared the pro 900 with the hd650, dt990 250 ohm, t1, RS1i, w1000x, and d7000, all of which were louder than the pro 900 at the same volume. I said that multiple times in the past, but I guess no one really picked it up. 

Edit: I compared the headphones using the McIntosh MCD1100 
Quote:
I really don't think that the 900s are supposed to require more volume than your 650s. Something is definitely fishy.

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #3,245 of 5,992

Maybe because because you can't feel the loudness due to S-Logic. If these sound alright, then the volume issue is probably on your end.
Or the mids are recessed too much for your liking.

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #3,246 of 5,992

Quote:

Amp impedance matching can have an effect on the efficiency of a headphone.  Assuming that your Pro900 isn't broken in some way (driver issues or similar) and the cable is screwed in tightly so that apart from the perceived low volume the sound performance is fine, then I would say that the Pro900 is simply not very efficient out of your amp.  My T1 (600ohm) and Pro900 are at about the same volume position using my Cantate2 for approximately the same volume output.  The Pro900 is not very efficient out of some amps.  Why does using more knob turn bother you?

Oct 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #3,247 of 5,992
From what I hear, the Pro 900 bass is considered to be amazing around here.
Very interested in buying a pair...
One day...

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #3,251 of 5,992

Quote:
From what I hear, the Pro 900 bass is considered to be amazing around here.
Very interested in buying a pair...
One day...

they don't sound like m50s or xb500s ...
beerchug.gif

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #3,253 of 5,992
Oct 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #3,255 of 5,992

Quote:
what about the M-stage? it has good feedback

Yeah I'm starting to settle on either the M-Stage or the Matrix Quattro - which is basically two M-stages bolted together for balanced operation... Balancing the Pro 900 should be fun 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back