Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #2,735 of 5,992
out of all of the headphones i own , i would say the pro 900s change the lease with any amp i own to my ears.  Its hard to make sugar sweeter.

my silver dragon cord did more change than any amp .... but i would say this is arguable.

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #2,736 of 5,992

Quote:
out of all of the headphones i own , i would say the pro 900s change the lease with any amp i own to my ears.  Its hard to make sugar sweeter.

my silver dragon cord did more change than any amp .... but i would say this is arguable.

the only amp people have been reporting a huge change with was the Digizoid ZO, which is a special amp in a way.

Sep 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #2,737 of 5,992
id get a better source before an amp for the pro900s

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #2,738 of 5,992

Quote:
the only amp people have been reporting a huge change with was the Digizoid ZO, which is a special amp in a way.

Don't forget M-stage also.
I e-mailed Digizoid team  last night asking them when v.2 is going to be released and they told me that it will take place in late September.
For anyone who is interested getting v.2 they have made a pre order list.

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #2,739 of 5,992
An amp is not supposed to change the sound!

An amp is supposed to give the headphone more juice. If people on here report that the amp boosts bass, adds warmth, brings out mids, etc., then it is either a bad amp or the source is bad. Probably the amp has a too high impedance and alters the frequency response of the headphone. This *might* sound better, but it's not supposed to sound like that.

At a close to 0 Ohm output is what a headphone is supposed to sound like. It does not change the sound signature. What does change, though, is precision and volume. This leads to better clarity, more refined highs, tighter bass, better perceived soundstage, etc.
Having that said, the PRO 900 is easy to drive. You do not need a powerful amp unless you want to blow your head up with too high volume.

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #2,740 of 5,992
I know this isn't supposed to be a correct representation of the zo, but am I the only one who thinks it actually sounds worse with zo on?
Referring to the video on this page http://www.digizoid.com/media/

To me it just seems like it adds volume and makes the bass a boomy mess. Is it like that with the actual zo too?

If that's the case I can do way a better job with an equalizer.

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #2,741 of 5,992

Quote:
I know this isn't supposed to be a correct representation of the zo, but am I the only one who thinks it actually sounds worse with zo on?
Referring to the video on this page http://www.digizoid.com/media/

To me it just seems like it adds volume and makes the bass a boomy mess. Is it like that with the actual zo too?

If that's the case I can do way a better job with an equalizer.

I think it depends on what level you adjust the zo..
I don't know in that demo where they have adjusted it but i believe tou can find the sweet spot where the bass won't go boomy..

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #2,742 of 5,992
Hey i am soooo very considering getting these soon,just have a few questions.
1) Found a few good cheap sellers on ebay, any problems?
2) The amp i'm considering is the PA2v2, any known experiences of these headphones with this amp? Or should i get a better amp?
3) What is the isolation like on these? these need to be portable as i'm always on the move

Thanks

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #2,743 of 5,992
I got mine quite cheap on eBay and th arrived with no problems at all. They don't require a good / any amp at all to be honest but obviously they improve when they are used

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #2,745 of 5,992

Quote:
Hey i am soooo very considering getting these soon,just have a few questions.
1) Found a few good cheap sellers on ebay, any problems?
2) The amp i'm considering is the PA2v2, any known experiences of these headphones with this amp? Or should i get a better amp?
3) What is the isolation like on these? these need to be portable as i'm always on the move

Thanks

There are a few vendors that are known around and people seem to be getting them at lower prices.

My PA2V2 drives the Pro 900 nicely, and they're a good match due to the sonic characteristics of each device, they certainly get louder than safe listening levels.

They isolate alright, but if you're on a quiet place like a library and you're blasting music, it will let some sound out.

Overall, they're amazing headphones, if what they do fits your preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back