Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #2,747 of 5,992
How much burn in time is on them? Plenty of people here claim the bass comes and goes during burn in, although I never really experienced it. Also, CHECK YOU PADS OFTEN. Make sure they are secure because they tend to come loose frequently!

-Daniel

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #2,748 of 5,992

Quote:
Are there any fake Pro 900 out there? I'm very suspicious of mine as their bass is getting worse and worse.

Heya,

You're getting accustomed and accustomed, and possibly deaf to certain tones after damage?
basshead.gif

Very best,

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2,749 of 5,992
Sep 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #2,751 of 5,992
I find the bass does depend hugely on the track, especially with edm because the sub bass is so pronounced, it can swallow up and mid bass, cancelling it out.
Mood I often find is a factor as well!

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #2,752 of 5,992

Quote:
I find the bass does depend hugely on the track

Exactly..
On some tracks with heavy bass it may sound bloated or distorted.
Bass is also affected if the recording is not of good quality.

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #2,753 of 5,992
Songs by KMFDM sound great on any other headphone but this. Even the remastered albums sound like **** on these. They sound muddy and distorted. I wish there was a place to test Ultrasone headphones in NY, I'd like to hear another one in comparison.

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #2,754 of 5,992

Quote:
Songs by KMFDM sound great on any other headphone but this. Even the remastered albums sound like **** on these. They sound muddy and distorted. I wish there was a place to test Ultrasone headphones in NY, I'd like to hear another one in comparison.

What exactly is the quality of those tracks? What gear have you used? And what are those other headphones you talk about?

Again, the Pro 900 aren't forgiving headphones, are do follow quite closely the "crap in, crap out" mantra.

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #2,755 of 5,992

Quote:
What exactly is the quality of those tracks? What gear have you used? And what are those other headphones you talk about?

Again, the Pro 900 aren't forgiving headphones, are do follow quite closely the "crap in, crap out" mantra.

Perfect FLAC quality ripped in EAC. Gear in my signature. And pretty much any other headphone i've used sounds better with songs by them.

It's probably the sibilance, as they distort their vocals quite often.

I don't know, i've been quite stressed today with a bunch of **** going on right now so it could just be me.

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #2,756 of 5,992

Quote:
Perfect FLAC quality ripped in EAC. Gear in my signature. And pretty much any other headphone i've used sounds better with songs by them.

It's probably the sibilance, as they distort their vocals quite often.

I don't know, i've been quite stressed today with a bunch of **** going on right now so it could just be me.

With specific songs from that artist you mentioned, I assume. Again, remember the mantra, despite how good quality your format may be, if there's something anywhere near brickwalling, things won't sound good on unforgiving headphones, which can sound good on low-fi/forgiving headphones. Otherwise, something's wrong with your system. Also, many people find that slight and specific EQing helps with sibilance.

But yes, state of mind also plays its part, so try your best to chill and later on do listen properly.

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #2,757 of 5,992
Quote:
Are there any fake Pro 900 out there? I'm very suspicious of mine as their bass is getting worse and worse.

You are very probably listening at too high volume. When I tested my amp, I wanted to see how loud it goes and I went three times the volume I usually listen to. The PRO 900s were rattling and shaking on my head. I could feel them move - yet no distortion AT ALL, by the way!
eek.gif

However, the test track was Michael Jackson's They Don't Care About Us - in AAC and I want to see the person who can tell the difference to CD!!! - but I forgot about those weird noises that come at the beginning.
I couldn't hear any high tones for the rest of the day. I only heard like I was under water for hours to come.
So, turn down the volume and you can hear all frequencies again.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #2,758 of 5,992
I just ordered the pro 900 yesterday along with fiio e7+e9 (thank god for Amazon) , been reading this post and liked the reviews . My other option was Beats By Dre Pro , because i liked the bass and they were the only expensive headphones i could find in a store to test, and the first expensive ones i tried too .

My current headphones (sen hd238) are not what i expected , so between Beats and ultrasone pro 900 after what i have read here it seems that i will be very happy with my choice .

Thanks for all te advices here , i just happen to like music and i wasnt enjoying as much as i could ..

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2,759 of 5,992

Quote:
I just ordered the pro 900 yesterday along with fiio e7+e9 (thank god for Amazon) , been reading this post and liked the reviews . My other option was Beats By Dre Pro , because i liked the bass and they were the only expensive headphones i could find in a store to test, and the first expensive ones i tried too .

My current headphones (sen hd238) are not what i expected , so between Beats and ultrasone pro 900 after what i have read here it seems that i will be very happy with my choice .

Thanks for all te advices here , i just happen to like music and i wasnt enjoying as much as i could ..

Beats vs Pro 900?
Is like you compare a Ferrari with a Fiat...
biggrin.gif

Good choice...

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #2,760 of 5,992
Well , i listen too much hip hop and electronic music , and like i said in my country ( Portugal ) there aren´t many stores where a can find better headphones than Beats to try..

I know i made a good choice , with 500 euros i can get much more decent sound than Beats Pro , thank god for Head-fi.org and audiophiles! I also play a few pc games so Ultrasones will be good for that too.
Thursday they should be here to test the greatness !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back