Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #963 of 5,992
I think they would deal similarily with rain, however the cable design makes them quite annoying if you use them out and about with a jacket, since it sticks out quite far and is angled backwards.

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #965 of 5,992
I have a pair of hfi-780, and similarly thought they improved when I recabled them and removed that "S-Logic" bullcrap chip. They seemed much crisper and cleaner overall.....

This is from another thread. Is anyone aware of any chip that controls S-Logic in PRO 900?

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #966 of 5,992
There is no S-logic chip!
S-logic is merely the effected caused by a decentralized driver, that uses angled clefts to direct the emitted sound waves toward the outer part of your ear.

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #967 of 5,992
OK, now the guy's saying it's a diode that he removed and supposedly made the sound better.

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #969 of 5,992
I just purchased the Pro 900's from buyauthorized and will be receiving them sometime this week! :D

I bought the FiiO E7/E9 as well, but I probably won't get them until two weeks later.

Would it be fine if I burned the headphones through an ipod or through my computers stock sound card?

Should I also use burn-in files as well (white & pink noise)? Or should I just use any type of music to burn them in?

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #970 of 5,992
Hate to quote myself but was afraid that my post got lost in the sea of posts about lookat/other stuff.  Definitely going to be a future owner soon, but still interested whether or not I need to pick up another set of separate gaming phones. 
Thanks for any input from any members.

Quote:
Seems like the 900s are back en masse again, will probably be picking up a pair of these soon.  

A question I have for some people in regards to these and their ability in terms of gaming. Positional audio accuracy and picking up detail cues, specifically.  Does the big bass mask finer details in online FPS's like CS, MW2, BFBC2, etc?  I know a lot of the owners of these also own/have owned multiple headphones - how well do these work for gaming and being able to HEAR and PINPOINT where people are just by sound compared to well-known gaming stalwarts like the AD700, DT770/880/990, K701, HD595/598, D2000/5000 etc, etc?  Also I think I'm going to be using these with Dolby Headphone (or CMSS-3D possibly but probably Dolby..) for some PC gaming so just wondering owners' thoughts on this.  

How's the immersion?  I assume being closed in nature and with some nice bassy rumble they'd be great.  S-Logic is another curveball...
I've read generally positive opinions on these but some concrete comparisons to other well-regarded gaming cans would be great, especially some of those listed above.

thanks!
-soon to be pro900 owner, most likely.
These seem like they would satisfy me for music (can't know for sure until I try them out for myself though! haha) but I was contemplating whether or not its neccessary for me to pick up another pair of (much cheaper) gaming-dedicated headphones.  Being in a dorm next year makes me hesitant to buy open headphones even if its mostly for gaming though...I"m thinking the isolation provided by closed headphones would be useful.  We'll see....

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #972 of 5,992
Quote:
I just purchased the Pro 900's from buyauthorized and will be receiving them sometime this week! :D

I bought the FiiO E7/E9 as well, but I probably won't get them until two weeks later.

Would it be fine if I burned the headphones through an ipod or through my computers stock sound card?

Should I also use burn-in files as well (white & pink noise)? Or should I just use any type of music to burn them in?

You'll be fine using your ipod or PC with regular music or the pink/white noise files.  Just be sure to not have the volume up too high(very very loud levels) to avoid potentially damaging the drivers.

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #973 of 5,992
Buyauthorized has 7 pairs again on Ebay. Try offering 320.00, should get accepted.

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #975 of 5,992
@bunit

These headphones are great for positional audio in video games.  I personally think they are better than the AKG K701s I used to have.  Because the Ultrasone's are just so detailed, its really easy to pinpoint footsteps and other audio cues.  The best part is that it manages to do this while also providing great bass for explosions and immersion.  The bass doesn't intrude enough to where footsteps are no longer audible, so these headphones have the ability to make a game both immersive and give you a competitive edge in multiplayer.  There have been a few others who have agreed with me that these are great gaming cans.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back