Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #947 of 5,992
Get'em while you can. You know they will be gone soon enough. I am missing the Pro 900's awesome bass
basshead.gif
  so bad that I may just get them again... So much for being a "one headphone guy"
rolleyes.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #948 of 5,992

Quote:
Cause I'd like to help people here. and at the same time further increase the reputation of that company.

What is the price you are offering anyway? Is it lower than $320 that buyauthorize is selling for?

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #949 of 5,992
I'm not offering but if there's a good demand and I would be able to arrange a decent quanitity, I would be able to go down to 247 euros
Again, it's not me and I have no part in this company, I'm just promoting them since I've had the best shopping experience to date.

and I'e made a good connection with the manager there. I'll have to ask for a final price if the demand is high

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #950 of 5,992

Quote:
I'm not offering but if there's a good demand and I would be able to arrange a decent quanitity, I would be able to go down to 247 euros
Again, it's not me and I have no part in this company, I'm just promoting them since I've had the best shopping experience to date.

and I'e made a good connection with the manager there. I'll have to ask for a final price if the demand is high

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

247.00 EUR = 356.458 USD

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #951 of 5,992
This is why I'm referring to European residents.
I don't think that buy authorized are shipping worldwide and if they do the shipping with the product price  is exceeding that price.
and I have yet to set the final price.
and not to mention that I'm sure Lookat.com are much more established company. but that's not what's important at the end of the day.

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #952 of 5,992
I have said good things about the Pro 900's comfort in the past, but I really think I was wrong. Coming from my dt 990's and denon d7000, the comfort of the Pro 900's are so far behind now that I really examine them. The earpads for some reason make around my ears itch like crazy and just dont feel good to me anymore. The pads are starting to be my biggest gripe. I think I'm going to try the J$'s when I get the chance. The headband and upper padding don't seem to be an issue, the ear pads and just annoying to me now. I hope we get more reactions from the J$ pad mod.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #954 of 5,992

Quote:
I have said good things about the Pro 900's comfort in the past, but I really think I was wrong. Coming from my dt 990's and denon d7000, the comfort of the Pro 900's are so far behind now that I really examine them. The earpads for some reason make around my ears itch like crazy and just dont feel good to me anymore. The pads are starting to be my biggest gripe. I think I'm going to try the J$'s when I get the chance. The headband and upper padding don't seem to be an issue, the ear pads and just annoying to me now. I hope we get more reactions from the J$ pad mod.

I agree. Ultrasone needs to re-vamp their design. I NEED comfort! I don't need headphones to be built like a tank since they rarely ever leave my room. In that regard, comfort > sturdiness. Man, I miss my D2000s.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #955 of 5,992
Hey, just bought them and they are about to be shipped!  Just wanted to double check, I have the Ray Samuels Emmeline P-51 Mustang Amp.  Is this amp able to drive these headphones?

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #956 of 5,992

Quote:
I agree. Ultrasone needs to re-vamp their design. I NEED comfort! I don't need headphones to be built like a tank since they rarely ever leave my room. In that regard, comfort > sturdiness. Man, I miss my D2000s.

While agreeing with the post previous to yours, I have to agree that sturdiness comes before comfort. There is always some way to enhance comfort, but not sturdiness. I treat my headphones right but they might go outside, and even if they weren't, I want to to be as robust as they can, which is really one of my concerns about the Pro 900s. And from what I've read on quite a few threads, D2000 was quite fragile, no matter how comfortable it is. And from the reports of Pro 900 owners, it's not like they're uncomfortable, just not as comfortable as "cushion" headphones.

About revamping their design, Ultrasone should do it, but not over-do it, as they look more or less balanced. I mean, just look at the beauty of Ed. 8s.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #957 of 5,992
I continue to enjoy these cans very much. I particularly like them for rock and music with electric bass. Hard to beat!

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #958 of 5,992
Quote:
Hey, just bought them and they are about to be shipped!  Just wanted to double check, I have the Ray Samuels Emmeline P-51 Mustang Amp.  Is this amp able to drive these headphones?

Don't worry, the P-51 mustang will have no trouble driving the PRO900.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #959 of 5,992
Even though a lot of amps will be able to drive them, good amp really improves it, driving it with headrooms micro amp is another level altogether compared to driving it with ibasso D10 or D6

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #960 of 5,992
So they can have running water on them, as long as they dry up properly? Meaning if their locking mechanism won't be damaged in any way?

On a similar note, has anyone used these headphones while it's raining? I've had HFI 780's for a few years and they've handled all manner of conditions cold and/or wet without issue aside from the earpads starting to look a little tatty, most of the comments here seem to be based on indoors use so I'm wondering if anyone's had problems with extensive outdoor use?

Thanks,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back