Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #917 of 5,992
Guys I wanna set up a group bulk order for the Pro 900.
I know alot of people are interested in these and Lookat.com are offering the best prices and support(from experience) they are located in spain.
I bought the Pro 900 from them and couldn't be happier with their support.
If we arrange a group order the price is gonna be even lower...
If anyone's interested please PM me and I will take care of you.

They are all in Stock compared to ALL other retailers. They currently have 7 in stock and will have 10 more by next week.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #919 of 5,992
Wow guys, I just figured out I used the Pro 900 with The Direct sound drivers on Foobar2k Instead of the ASIO : Saffire
I now changed the output to ASIOL: Saffire and it's a different ball game. the sound is so smooth. The drivers make so much change? I mean, it's so much better.. I wonder if there are some other things I could do.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #921 of 5,992

Quote:
Guys if you have the chance to download the Skrillex Scary monster album on flac lossless it's pretty awesome with the Pro 900. Highly recommended.

I got the entire Skrillex discography. Definitely good stuff for the PRO 900.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #922 of 5,992

Quote:
I got the entire Skrillex discography. Definitely good stuff for the PRO 900.

i actually just downloaded that album, sounds good. What is his entire discography tho? I only found the scary monster album.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #923 of 5,992

Quote:
i actually just downloaded that album, sounds good. What is his entire discography tho? I only found the scary monster album.

He has a lot of Remix's like "In for the Kill Skrillex Remix", My Name Is Skrillex EP, and Myspace songs. But yeah the Scary Monster is probably the only real album.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #924 of 5,992
If you like Skrillex also check out 16bit, Bar9, Stenchman, Flux Pavillion, Excision, Datsik and Liquid Stranger. 

Personally, I wouldn't listen to any of these guys at home as they sound better playing out in a club decked out with huge bass bins! The Pro900 does a respectable job at recreating that atmosphere though.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #925 of 5,992
Yeah I'll find what i can that is Flac. Thanks for the other artists I'll check them out. I went out clubbing last week after not being out for a month and even though I was quite intoxicated, I thought to myself man this music sounds like garbage. I think since I got into headphnes and audiophile gear my ears are trained to hear every sound. Yeah the bass thumping was good but the DJ was mixing a bunch of new and old Armin mixes that I have listened to on my Dt990's and Pro 900's a 100 times and I just thought to myself how much better it sounds just sitting at home with my headphones. I mean granted I still love going out and doing some jersey shore like fist pumping (joking) but i have a new appreciation for my headphones now.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #926 of 5,992
Heh, I'm not kidding but my hearing is improving each day listening to headphones, It's sharper now, honestly. 
I hear sounds much clearer. heh true story
but yeah, after you've been exposed to that kind of quality it's pretty hard to settle for anything lower than that.

P.S: I've noticed difference in sound especially in bass and high-range when adjusting the headbands either upwards or downwards...
the sound changed for the better or worse depends on user's preferences ...
I guess it's the difference with each one's ear shape and the close it is to the drivers but I find myself changing the headband settings occasionly depending on what song I listen to.

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #927 of 5,992
Guys download the Panda Bear - Tomboy it really shows the Pro 900 awesome sonic abilities. It's like youre high and hearing voices all around you. download it in lossless only though. These headphones are the most fun mixed genres like these it's not even fair.
Another great album is the Kid cudi man on the moon 2 for those of you who love that genre.

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #928 of 5,992
Yeah Electronica is no doubt their strong genre.  I personally have fallen in love with the album "Deep Space" by Phace and Misanthrop.  The song Deep Space is so visceral and engaging and the bass hits so hard.  Its a treat for the ears 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #929 of 5,992
Ask and you shall receive, my pro 900 (J$ mod) review has arrived!  
beerchug.gif

Read it on head-fi http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/549404/ultrasone-pro-900-j-pads-review
Or help me get hit's on my blog! http://breakthenetwork.com/2011/04/14/ultrasone-pro-900-j-pads-review/

Feel free to ask me any questions or to elaborate on anything in my review. I tried to be as descriptive as possible, especially with the J$ mod. Also I've already posted pics of my pro 900 with the J$ pads on page 57 of this thread (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/527451/ultrasone-pro-900-appreciation-thread/840). Enjoy!

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #930 of 5,992
I will read the review in the early hour or so but It looks like you did an awesome review, how did you mod the ear cups though?
One thing I noticed was that the sound greatly differs when setting the ear cups in different heights so I guess the modification would be awesome for the pro 900 since they leak sound abit.

I don't find the stock earcups uncomfortable or making my ear sweat I guess we're different in that aspect. But I'm interested in buying the J$ pads but I won't be able to mod it myself... and I wouldn't wanna touch it anyway

Good write-up and and it looks well organized and professional from my point of view, Well done and I promise I'll read it soon.

I noticed that the Pro 900 really aren't good with rock, I find them good in acoustic, I really do. there are recording that I really like the high-range. there are some recordings that the bass is too hard for my ears though but that's rare but it is there nonetheless... the soundstage is really awesome now I like it. liek you said it's not distant it's really in your face or atleast couple of centimeters away but it's pretty wide.

I would like more clarity though, It's lacking for me... and surprising enough I really enjoy women vocals along with a guitar but sometimes the high-range can be harsh on my ears and I have to lower the volume, I really woudl like it to even out abit... but it's overall good..(surprisingly since they don't excel there from reviews I read)

But I can't enjoy rock with these. especially live gigs.
SUBMIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back