Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #766 of 5,992

Quote:
what I know is the predator has 3 gain levels and the d12 has 2.. the predator seems like a well-built piece, It looks good and from reviews it sounds good too.
I know that each amp/dac matches different headphones and depends on the listener's taste..
so I have no idea how these models match the pro 900 for my kind of taste.. or general taste.

How did the d12 effect your listening experience with the pro 900 cans?

It really cleaned up the sound. Helped control the bass, and was a huge improvement as a source. The DAC is infinitely better than the one on my sound card. It seems to be a fairly neutral amp, as other than tightening things up, it didn't change much.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #767 of 5,992

X2!!!

Digiman, what you described was what exactly happened to me. For some songs, which seems quite unpredictable to me, the sound was unbearable. Too much base and too harsh high like stabbing my ears. 
After a month or so, I don't even think pro 900s have too much base. The tremble has been tamed as well. So, just give them time
smily_headphones1.gif

FYI, just make sure the headphone is properly positioned to enjoy the full sound stage and detail : arranging the headphone housing so that your ears are located right in front of the drivers.

Positioning is crucial with those cans. It took me a while to learn how to adjust them properly as tonal balance/soundstage is quite affected by slight changes. The driver is deliberately positioned to the bottom and the front of the housing so I don't think it is a good idea to position your ears in front of the driver, they become very bright and the headstage collapse. I wear my Pro 900 quite low with the driver probably positioned just in front of my earlob.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #769 of 5,992
J$ pads, felt mod on the outer side of the phone, blue dragon cable = best sound I ever had out of the headphones.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #770 of 5,992

Quote:
I paid extra for the day-of shipping option and have gotten no notification of shipment. That, along with this thread, makes me feel uneasy.

Stewart my friend, I think we have a problem.
Djdeals aren't replying to my msgs by email, they havn't sent me a noftification of shipment aswell.
I'm starting to feel really bad here, I payed by google checkout, I don't like the feeling of it at all. :frowning2:
Should I be patient? I read reviews over the net that weren't really promising... I'll keep you posted.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #771 of 5,992
^ Makes me curious about Silver Dragon...

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #772 of 5,992
Do you want to call us?
We have eliminated phone ordering. Providing customer service over e-mail is far more efficient. We do not answer customer questions by phone for 2 reasons;
Firstly, there is no written record of any conversation when discussed on the phone. We answer all questions by email, so there is a perfect history of each conversation between our company & our customers. This eliminates any potential problems, & allows us to process your orders in a much quicker manner.
Secondly, we do not have extra staff to answer phone calls (if we hired staff to answer the phone, we would in-turn have to raise the prices you pay for the products we sell).
We are an ecommerce company, so email is the natural method of communication between our company & our customers & is obviously the fastest & most modern method of communication. Rest assured that over 15,000 customers a year are satisfied with email correspondence.

This is from DjDeals.com

I'm not crazy about any company that I can't pick up a phone and call to speak with a CSR.  This company is going out of it's way to justify their reasons for not wanting customers to be able to speak to them directly.   To me there is nothing worse that to spend a lot of money and have a problem and all you can do about it is send an email and wait/hope for a reply.

And this doesn't look like it's working out either.....

"We respond to email Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Should you have not received a reply within 24-48 hours during weekdays, then your SPAM filter blocked or moved our reply & it's your responsibility to locate it. We are very eager to respond to all email, & would never fail to reply to one! "

@dadab12.....according to this, it's your fault you haven't heard back.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #773 of 5,992
Why is it my problem? M I missing something here? they sent me a useless automated msg that said I should look at the help page for further information
oh, you were being  sarcastic... :/ that's what I need now.. i'm nervous and I don't like this state at all. I'm not used to these "misunderstandings"

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #774 of 5,992
I hope everything works out, and you guys get those PRO 900s. They definitely don't sound reliable at all, that's why I was aiming to buy a used one from a reliable member here. Took a while but I finally got lucky.

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #775 of 5,992

Thank you mate, I really hope so too, their site looks reliable and I didn't even think of anything unusual that could occur.
and there wasn't anything that looked better actually. it was either amazon for 550$ MSRP or this. -_-
But let's just hope that everything turn out ok and they ship it, and it's brand new.

Thanks for the support.i'd want to contact stewart and see what's his impressions aswell.
Quote:
I hope everything works out, and you guys get those PRO 900s. They definitely don't sound reliable at all, that's why I was aiming to buy a used one from a reliable member here. Took a while but I finally got lucky.

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #776 of 5,992
I can't believe a company has that kind of customer service policy.   When I read their justifications for only using email, I wasn't too taken aback, but when they say that it is your spam blockers fault for not receiving an email, thats just ridiculous.

Hope all works out well for you.  If you payed by paypal and you never receive them, go all out and get that hard earned money back.

Good luck

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #777 of 5,992
I payed through google checkout.. is that a problem? if I don't receive the product.
Thanks for concerns Jibbie.
Quote:
I can't believe a company has that kind of customer service policy.   When I read their justifications for only using email, I wasn't too taken aback, but when they say that it is your spam blockers fault for not receiving an email, thats just ridiculous.

Hope all works out well for you.  If you payed by paypal and you never receive them, go all out and get that hard earned money back.

Good luck

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #778 of 5,992
While this is getting somewhat off topic, I recommend anyone looking at purchasing from an online store that they are not familiar with attempt to find information about the store through sites like http://www.resellerratings.com and http://www.bbb.org.  I have not made a lot of audio purchases online, but my largest one has been my Pro 2900s and I was willing to pay a little more to get them from Headroom because of their better return policy and reputation for good customer service here (I got free overnight shipping too).  Another thing to remember is that many online stores will sell at lower than advertised prices if you ask (Headroom and I believe I have read that people here have gotten better prices by calling J&R Music and possibly B&H Photo, places with strong reputations).  Just something to remember for people that are reading this thread and looking for places to buy these headphones.

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #779 of 5,992
They finally got around to replying to me. It looks like they're supposed to be in-stock by later this week or early next week. Why this wasn't marked on the website, I don't know, but it looks like I'm going to keep the order at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back