Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Nov 19, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #3,646 of 5,992
Just got some J$ Pads. OMG I seriously noticed the sibilance when I put them on, jesus these cans are ear piercing. I almost can't listen to these with the J$ pads on, though the comfort is much better. Maybe I have the pads positioned wrong, but as of right now the XB700 pads are far better sounding IMO and not to far behind on comfort.

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #3,648 of 5,992
I got mine a couple of days ago, and I enjoyed them right away. I could see how some people wouldn't like them. The highs were pretty sparkly, however they didn't get sharp enough to hurt my ears though. I also got my e11 yesterday to, and it does tame the highs. I don't notice them nearly as much, they don't seem to be as forward.

[size=medium] [size=x-small]Having gone from the regular iPhone headphones to m50's to these I'm very happy and they suit my musical tastes well. At first when I put them on, after about 15 minutes they hurt my jaw and the top of my head, but they have loosed up a bit now and they don't bother my jaw at all, and actually I find them quite comfortable. I'm really happy I started reading this thread because I probably wouldn't of bought these without this thread. [/size][/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] [size=x-small]By the way I think Jibbie should get a [/size]commission for making this thread.[/size]

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #3,649 of 5,992
Is that $320 for an open boxed? That's the only one I can seem to find from buyauthorized on eBay. Are all you guys getting it new or open box? 
Amazon have these for $380 right now and I jump on it if I can get it for $320 brand new.

There headphones sound perfect for me. Movies and games. I also listen to house music and hip-hop. 
What amps would you guys suggest with this? I have the Tritton AX 720 amp right, I'm thinking of getting the E9 to power these. Would they be enough. Looking for something around the $100 range to power these.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #3,650 of 5,992
You don't need anything to power them.  What you're using will work just fine.  I use a digiZoid ZO for my portable and a hifiman EF2 for my desktop.  The EF2 is so overpowered for them it's not even funny...I can't take it past the 9 o'clock position before it becomes so loud it's unlistenable.  They're pretty effecient...you'll only notice very minor changes going unamped->amped.  really, these cans are pretty true to their sound no matter what you do to them.

Get them and never look back.  You'll love them.

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #3,651 of 5,992

Quote:
You don't need anything to power them.  What you're using will work just fine.  I use a digiZoid ZO for my portable and a hifiman EF2 for my desktop.  The EF2 is so overpowered for them it's not even funny...I can't take it past the 9 o'clock position before it becomes so loud it's unlistenable.  They're pretty effecient...you'll only notice very minor changes going unamped->amped.  really, these cans are pretty true to their sound no matter what you do to them.

Get them and never look back.  You'll love them.

They don't need much power to get loud, but it'll take a decent amp to keep the bass tight. I'm loving them out of my µHA-120, I had the E11 before and it did a decent job, but the µHA goes deeper and tighter. 

Damn, that last bit sounded like a bad pr0n movie.

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #3,652 of 5,992

Quote:
I got mine a couple of days ago, and I enjoyed them right away. I could see how some people wouldn't like them. The highs were pretty sparkly, however they didn't get sharp enough to hurt my ears though. I also got my e11 yesterday to, and it does tame the highs. I don't notice them nearly as much, they don't seem to be as forward.

[size=medium] [size=x-small]Having gone from the regular iPhone headphones to m50's to these I'm very happy and they suit my musical tastes well. At first when I put them on, after about 15 minutes they hurt my jaw and the top of my head, but they have loosed up a bit now and they don't bother my jaw at all, and actually I find them quite comfortable. I'm really happy I started reading this thread because I probably wouldn't of bought these without this thread. [/size][/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] [size=x-small]By the way I think Jibbie should get a [/size]commission for making this thread.[/size]

I came up with a simple mod that helps the comfort immensely: http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #3,655 of 5,992
I had placed my order and just cancelled it. Read some of the comparison between the Denon D2000 and the Pro 900 and it seems like the D2000 is more suited for me. So I'm going to wait for those to drop now

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #3,656 of 5,992
Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of moddified xb700 pads for the pro900 so if any of you are getting rid of them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/581391/wtb-xb700-pads-modified-for-ultrasone-pro-900#post_7908263 ...

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #3,657 of 5,992
Dude.  A used set of XB700s can be had for $50.  it takes, LITERALLY, 10 minutes to do it.  20, if you include the time spent with a book on top of the pads waiting for the glue to set.  $100 for a set of modded pads is pretty ridiculous...I mean, I wouldn't be saying that if I were in the States, because I'd probably sell you my set, make another, and pocket what's left.  :wink:

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #3,658 of 5,992

Quote:
Dude.  A used set of XB700s can be had for $50.  it takes, LITERALLY, 10 minutes to do it.  20, if you include the time spent with a book on top of the pads waiting for the glue to set.  $100 for a set of modded pads is pretty ridiculous...I mean, I wouldn't be saying that if I were in the States, because I'd probably sell you my set, make another, and pocket what's left.  :wink:

Would Xb500 pads work?

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #3,659 of 5,992

Quote:

Nope XB500 won't do it. 1. I'm in canada so I can't have'em uner 80 box 2. I'm ready to pay twenty box so I don't have to buy some kind of glue tear appart my spare pads and mess around whit cissors and take the risk of breaking something I can't fix. 3. I don't want to waist another pair of XB700 there's enough people who've done that already. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back