Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Oct 22, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #3,406 of 5,992
Just bought my Pro900's off a fellow Head-Fi'er today.
Took a few songs to get used to SLogic but I'm really liking the bigger soundstage.
Must say, the bass is quite amazing too, it's almost as if i can feel the drums being hit. Having never gone beyond >$150 mark for headphones, the level of detail and the 'further reaching' highs took me by surprise. It's just like a completely new level of sound. 

Just recovering from ear fatigue right now. It's gonna be hard to go back to my M50's now. XD

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #3,407 of 5,992

Quote:
Just bought my Pro900's off a fellow Head-Fi'er today.
Took a few songs to get used to SLogic but I'm really liking the bigger soundstage.
Must say, the bass is quite amazing too, it's almost as if i can feel the drums being hit. Having never gone beyond >$150 mark for headphones, the level of detail and the 'further reaching' highs took me by surprise. It's just like a completely new level of sound. 

Just recovering from ear fatigue right now. It's gonna be hard to go back to my M50's now. XD

Haha, yeah they do take some getting used to. I remember I couldn't listen to them for more than an hour, now I'm at 6 straight. I recommend getting new pads as comfort was an issue for me, they offer better isolation, soundstage, deeper bass, and comfort. Just overall better SQ and created a more intimate sound. Recommend looking at the XB700 and JMoney Denon Pads.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #3,408 of 5,992
So let's say I'd buy the xb700 for the pads, could I put the pro900 pads on these to recycle them? 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #3,409 of 5,992

Quote:
So let's say I'd buy the xb700 for the pads, could I put the pro900 pads on these to recycle them? 
evil_smiley.gif

No sir. Let's just say the XB700 is just sitting there pad-less and gathering dust, I just couldn't go back. The Pro 900 just sounded that good with the XB700 pads.

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #3,410 of 5,992
I can't go back to any of my old headphones anymore 
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #3,412 of 5,992
Oct 22, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #3,413 of 5,992

Quote:
I can't go back to any of my old headphones anymore 
frown.gif

I know what you mean, everytime I listen to some other non-hifi headphone I'm just like "this... sounds... like... crap". And even worse is I can't even listen to my ipod through an amp anymore due to my CLAS, so I gotta carry this bomb looking thing around, but its way worth it
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #3,414 of 5,992
If anything, I think that the electrical tape is the safest material to use. You can always put masking tape over the driver when you apply/remove the electrical tape.

Quote:

Not yet, looking for a better material that looks more professional cause the tape is not workin for me. I would hate to ruin the drivers with the tape residue.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #3,415 of 5,992

Quote:
If anything, I think that the electrical tape is the safest material to use. You can always put masking tape over the driver when you apply/remove the electrical tape.

Honestly my XB700 pad already give me great isolation so I don't think this mod would benifit me greatly. Now if someone would come out with a mod to reduce the clamping force on these bad boys, they hurt my jaw after a while.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #3,416 of 5,992
This is what Ultrasone emailed me when I emailed them about comfort issues:

"I have attached a photo of how to possibly adjust them to fit more comfortably.
I hope this will help."

Make sure that you don't break the headband. You want to put pressure in the middle away from the 4 screws...

Quote:

Honestly my XB700 pad already give me great isolation so I don't think this mod would benifit me greatly. Now if someone would come out with a mod to reduce the clamping force on these bad boys, they hurt my jaw after a while.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #3,419 of 5,992
As I'm typing this my Pro 900 has been on my noggin' non-stop for 3 hours (kids asleep, wife not home = win) and the only comfort issue is the pressure on top of my skull... Luckily, a german engieneer has solved that problem. He works for Sennheiser tho:

I'll order a replacement HD650 headband padding and slap it on the Pro900. Done, comfy cans for hours and hours on end...

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #3,420 of 5,992
How are you planning on attaching this?

Quote:
As I'm typing this my Pro 900 has been on my noggin' non-stop for 3 hours (kids asleep, wife not home = win) and the only comfort issue is the pressure on top of my skull... Luckily, a german engieneer has solved that problem. He works for Sennheiser tho:

I'll order a replacement HD650 headband padding and slap it on the Pro900. Done, comfy cans for hours and hours on end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back