Ultrasone Pro 2900 Thread
Jul 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #317 of 421
The coiled cable ended up being the perfect length for using at my desk at home, not far enough to force it to stretch.  I usually just end up swapping that cable between the 2900 and the 2400 depending which I want to use (The HFI 2400 is my gaming headset. I couldn't bear to stick the modmic base on the 2900, they look too good).  

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #318 of 421
I believe it's a must to get a cable upgrade for any Ultrasone headphone. Especially the Ed 10s which are the most debated, and in my opinion, hated headphone out there.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #320 of 421
I got mine for $370 from Planet Music on Amazon and everything was great. They don't have any now, but they may restock.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #321 of 421
Quote:
I believe it's a must to get a cable upgrade for any Ultrasone headphone. Especially the Ed 10s which are the most debated, and in my opinion, hated headphone out there.

You mean just the cable connected from the headphone to the amp which is easily exchanged for an upgraded cable?

Or do I have to find someplace which will mod the cable inside the headphone too? I know Moon Audio mod Ultrasones however don't know of anyone in the UK who would do it. I'm reluctant to ship my 2900s overseas...

edit: when I spoke to my local/only audio shop dealing in repairs, custom work etc, they said that they're unwilling to work with any makes aside from Sennheiser. They wouldn't even recable a damaged £30 pair of AKGs (sound cuts out on one side), never mind an upgrade mod for the 2900s.

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #322 of 421
I bought an unused set of these cans today from Ebay for 250 €. I will receive them by end of this week. What do you think, can I drive them directly from my DAP (Ipod Classic, Sony NWZ 845), or is an amp always mandatory? I have a Meier Audio Stepdance btw.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #323 of 421
You mean just the cable connected from the headphone to the amp which is easily exchanged for an upgraded cable?

Or do I have to find someplace which will mod the cable inside the headphone too? I know Moon Audio mod Ultrasones however don't know of anyone in the UK who would do it. I'm reluctant to ship my 2900s overseas...

edit: when I spoke to my local/only audio shop dealing in repairs, custom work etc, they said that they're unwilling to work with any makes aside from Sennheiser. They wouldn't even recable a damaged £30 pair of AKGs (sound cuts out on one side), never mind an upgrade mod for the 2900s.

Just a basic cable switch should do the trick although I must say that a full mod does sound tempting. I'd see if maybe whiplash audio could do it. He recabled my edition 10s no problem.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #325 of 421
Quote:
Been listening to some Radiohead on these straight from my DP-1. Stunning pairing!

-Daniel

Love Radiohead, I would also love to try those phones out, sounds like you're pretty happy 
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #326 of 421
Yes-the very 3D-like soundstage of the Eximus seems to match pretty well with S-Logic plus it seems. I have always loved the vocals on the 2900, and the headphone out on the DP-1 comes pretty close to what I hear from the Zana. It helps that the Best of RH seems to be mastered pretty well. The various synthesizers and effects on most of Radiohead's songs seem to be a great match for the Ultrasone too...listening right now to Paranoid Android thru the Zana:
eek.gif

basshead.gif

cool.gif

-Daniel

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #327 of 421
[size=medium]Hello,[/size]
[size=medium]I posted this same question in both the Ultrasone 900 and 2900 Appreciation thread since I need people with experience on both of these headphones. I’ve asked this question on another non-audiophile forum but getting some pretty generic responses.[/size]

[size=medium]I’m looking for a new pair of headphones. I’m using them for computer gaming primary but I love listening to electronica music as well. I consider myself the “Compromised Gamer” and I want headphones with good directional sound but has great bass to go along with it. [/size]

[size=medium]I’ve narrowed it down to 2 choice. Either the Ultrasone Pro 900 or the Ultrasone Pro 2900. I currently own an Ultrasone HFI-700 and very impressed with it but want to upgrade. I know the 900's are closed-back and the 2900's are open-back. I don’t care about sound leakage or whatnot. I am looking for the highest quality sound with good bass. I haven’t seen many comparisons between the two headphones. I've noticed though that the 2900's are not nearly as popular as the 900's. The 2900’s are more expensive than the 900’s though. Does anyone have any experience with these two headphones? Which would be better primary for gaming if price isn't a factor? Thanks.[/size]

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #328 of 421
2900-easily. Better soundstage, better mids, less sibilance, great bass...on and on. And perhaps still the best all arounders I've used for gaming/music/movies. Phenomenal with Dolby Headphone, but also incredible for positioning in stereo only-obviously the S-Logic+ makes a big difference.

-Daniel

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #329 of 421
Hi guys just got a pair of 2900s.. Was expecting big bass presence but it's almost the same as my HD650s. Is this normal or will burn-in perhaps change this? I have burnt in around 5+ hours. They are awesome with movies though :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #330 of 421
5 hours.

take that 5, times it by 10 or 20.  Just in my experience with the 2500's anyhow. Others might feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back