Ultrasone Pro 1/4 cable concern
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Katun

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a question for any Ultrasone Pro headphone owners.

Alright, so I've always wondered about that really beefy 1/4 plug on the coiled cable. Well, yesterday I twisted that and found it can actually screw apart. But the things is, when you unscrew it, it literally falls apart and you can see all the wires and connections inside the jack itself. Has anyone ever noticed this? Why on earth can users unscrew this in the first place? It seems quite fragile, and makes me a bit nervous. It's also hard for the jack to look straight again, after I had opened it up. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks for anyone's help in the matter.
smile.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I know there are at least a few of you out there. And I really know I'm not the only one who stumbled upon this either...

Maybe it's made to be user replaceable in case something goes wrong? Well, that's my only guess.

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 5
You just unscrewed the casing. It's normal. How else would they be able to assemble everything?
You just need to screw it back, be careful not the cross-thread it or it'll look crooked.

Most aftermarket jacks are of this design as well.

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
You just unscrewed the casing. It's normal. How else would they be able to assemble everything?
You just need to screw it back, be careful not the cross-thread it or it'll look crooked.

Most aftermarket jacks are of this design as well.

Ah, thank you. That is a relief. Never experienced this kind of design before, so I was curious, yet frightened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back