Ultrasone IQ
Nov 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #106 of 163
Old bump but had to try this before they fade away. Got a good deal and the reason for bump is I was interested in any possible users who has paired it with the Linum cable. If you are out there please share your view with us.

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #108 of 163
  anyone considers that if i have the money, i should buy akg k3003 instead of iq?... i mean, i noticed a rolloff at 12khz from graphs and a review, and i have the money for akg k3003, should i get that one instead?...

Check out the review done by darkinners for IQ.  His comparison of K3003 and iQ is pretty accurate in my opinion.  Very under-rated IEM in my opinion.   If you like your music a bit more fun and forward, iQ is for you.   

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #110 of 163
  i like ultrasone dj one pro a lot! lots of treble, lots of soundstage, tight bass, und recessed mids..

i am trying to ask myself, if i should stick to the brand, or try akg's even if they cost almost 2X the price... iq seem to have rolled off treble...

If you like the ultrasound signature, you can't go wrong with iQ.   I have Edition 8 and i think iQ duplicate that sound signature pretty well.  K3003 may be too "gentle" for you.    But again it depends on the source and what genre of music you listen to.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #111 of 163
fiio x5 as a source. music varies greatly, from avant garde to electronica, dubstep, metal, grind, progressive, classical, i think that almost every thing that was ever created, that catched my ears is in my music list.

i am pretty afraid to buy ultrasone iq, because i just have seen that they have almost no treble over 12000hz... this would mean that they don;t have much soundstage and not much anything else...  [i am pricing treble more than mids or bass in both quanity and quality][but more than all, soundstage]...

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #113 of 163
Stay away from IQ, even if you can get it for free stay away.

now this was fun! but seriously?.. you tried them, and. why would you say that?

i want to hear more opinions, to know what to expect. a very high regarded page on head-fi with iems reviews was telling that iq is basically akg k3003 less refined... 

i am afraid that might not be true, but i want to understand why..

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #114 of 163
now this was fun! but seriously?.. you tried them, and. why would you say that?

i want to hear more opinions, to know what to expect. a very high regarded page on head-fi with iems reviews was telling that iq is basically akg k3003 less refined... 

i am afraid that might not be true, but i want to understand why..
k3003 and IQ are not on the same league. If you want a week old iq at half the price let me know I am selling mine. I too despite all the signs and reviews telling me stay away thought to try it, did, regret it and all I can say is stay away.

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #115 of 163
k3003 and IQ are not on the same league. If you want a week old iq at half the price let me know I am selling mine. I too despite all the signs and reviews telling me stay away thought to try it, did, regret it and all I can say is stay away.

how would you describe the sound of iq in comparation to akg k3003 and ie800, if you have the time to tell me.

I was asking that myself, if iq would be somewhere lower than k3003, but it costs about half of the akg, and some users thought that it was just so almost k3003..

in what are the differences, and how would you describe them. from your profile, you seem to own k3003, and ie800, which were my other options. i belive that ie800 has a much congested soundstage, compared to k3003. but i want to hear your thoughts, if you have the time!

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #116 of 163
All those three iems have their own issue and require tweaking and of course accepting that certain thing saw just the IEM characteristics and cannot be changed.

Pros/cons:

K3003 has the largest soundstage out of three but can sound bad and incoherent if the source and amp is not right.

Ie800 is the easiet to run and its sound is probably make it the best all rounder compared to the other two but it has energetic character to it which can be tamed but fit is not easy to get .

IQ has the best fit out of the three but it is the one that needs careful tip rolling. With success and right track it can have a modestly large soundstage and nice punchy bass but it doesn't take long to get a very much for the treble to produce its fatiguing treble.

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #117 of 163
All those three iems have their own issue and require tweaking and of course accepting that certain thing saw just the IEM characteristics and cannot be changed.

Pros/cons:

K3003 has the largest soundstage out of three but can sound bad and incoherent if the source and amp is not right.

Ie800 is the easiet to run and its sound is probably make it the best all rounder compared to the other two but it has energetic character to it which can be tamed but fit is not easy to get .

IQ has the best fit out of the three but it is the one that needs careful tip rolling. With success and right track it can have a modestly large soundstage and nice punchy bass but it doesn't take long to get a very much for the treble to produce its fatiguing treble.

the iq has treble rolloff, which would mean that no treble would be heared after 12khz? cymbals sounding congested, not airy?

so as i want the most of soundstage, i whould just get akg k3003?

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #118 of 163
the iq has treble rolloff, which would mean that no treble would be heared after 12khz? cymbals sounding congested, not airy?

so as i want the most of soundstage, i whould just get akg k3003?

Graphs don't always indicate the final sound. The treble is there but it seems to be there in a sibilant manner that for me is still present even using the deep fitting.

There is really no flawless Iem out there. K3003 can also sound bright.

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #119 of 163
Graphs don't always indicate the final sound. The treble is there but it seems to be there in a sibilant manner that for me is still present even using the deep fitting.

There is really no flawless Iem out there. K3003 can also sound bright.

i have ultrasone dj one pro. i love them, they sound bright, sibilant, but the treble extends to 19khz. at least i can hear it until then. the soundstage, is like, amazingly big. huge. the only headphone i heared to have a larger soundstage was hd800. so i enjoy bright, even a little sibilant treble. i hate distortions, like most of headphones i have tried cannot reproduce piano without distortion, some kind of clipping, i don't know what it is. ultrasone dj one pro seems to reduce that by a lot by having recessed mids. so i enjoy soundstage, treble, separation, and microdetails. like my dj one pro is almost like hd800 in this manner. amazing microdetail extraction. this is what i am searching for. the treble of ie8, which i own, for example is tamed, and too tamed for my tastes, i always have to eq the treble to stay at +6db at 10khz, +8db at 16khz and +12db at 20khz... to give an ideea of what i am searching for.

this is why i am afraid of iq, and k3003. i am afraid they might not have enough treble, soundstage, microdetail, separation, and other characteristics. 

i would enjoy a more cold, bright, analytical, airy, immersive but sibilant and harsh treble, more than i enjoy dark warm and tamed. if you would have listened to dj one pro, someone which i gave them to listen took them off, after one minute and said that the treble is sibilant, and harsh, similar to hd800, but much more harsh, and a similar sibilance.

sorry for taking so much of your time, and thank you for helping me!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back