Ultrasone IQ
Mar 10, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #128 of 163
it seems like the iq is agreed to have a slight roll off in treble, while ie800 has a slight louder treble than the rest of the spectrum. this, in return will make iq sound less detailed. if this is true. i should listen to it, but as i could only keep one, and i was extremely happy with how ie800 sounded, i might just buy ie800.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #129 of 163
still sitting on the fence :wink:

it's been a while since i've heard the iq but i liked its sound a lot. the design was a deal breaker tho.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #130 of 163
still sitting on the fence
wink.gif

it's been a while since i've heard the iq but i liked its sound a lot. the design was a deal breaker tho.

whoa!

you are the first who said that iq sounded good. most people told me that it is not worth.

do you know Any headphone or iem that would sound similar?

i was kind of interested in iq. does it have the details of ie800?

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #131 of 163
doubt that i'm the first. did you read shigzeo's review? seem to remember joker liking them too but i could be wrong.

anyways like i said about the k3003, you should try and hear these for yourself if you're considering buying them coz other folks listening impressions are no substitute for your own.

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #132 of 163
you are totally right. they could never hear the same things as i hear. nobody can.

The main problem is that only ie800 is up for tests, and i was extremly pleased about it. i think that there is no reason for me to search any more. anyways, thanks for the very kind conversation about iq!

if i will have a chance to listen to either iq or k3003 at some point i am sure i will, but for now, i am very much pleased with ie800!

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #133 of 163
someone offered to meet up with you so you could hear his k3003. didn't you take him up on it?

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #134 of 163
not sure what to make of that review

If I was unclear (happens), please tell me and I can try to fix something up. IQ is one of my favourites: it is my favourite cable-interchangeable universal earphone, but it has a few big, big problems, namely bass bottoming out in select cases and being way too sensitive. 

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #135 of 163
Considering getting this for an upgrade over MDR EX1000, just bought myself lehmann audio traveller and lo and beold the nag for earphone upgrade appears. I have ultrasone pro750 and FAD Hope VI in my house, I don't know whether this information is relevant for any reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back