Ultrasone IQ
Aug 21, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #136 of 163
Bought IQ PRO because of shigzeo's review, I am glad I did, they sound fantastic, the bass is the best quality I've heard from any iem, period, and I've had plenty of iems (see sig). It is not for bass heads at all, on the contrary it has very tactile and textured bass, with just the right amount of decay for perfection. The mid's are as good as the bass, they are open and lush, clear and detailed. The treble is inoffensive yet detailed, and very lush sounding to the point of losing some clarity, for example the treble sounds more like 'SHH' rather than 'TSS', but on the other hand creates an excellent atmosphere.

A reminder that I am using the PRO version which fixes some faults of the regular IQ version, and that these iem's should be used with T100 comply foam tips which they come with, for me the treble is never a problem. In fact I would even like a tiny bit more treble extension between 10khz-13khz, but if you look at measurement's of other BA iem's they all have treble roll off, some even worse than IQ PRO, for example K3003, 1Plus2, W60, XBA-Z5, etc, all have treble roll off after 10khz, BA iem's simply have a hard time with treble extension no matter how high end the iem is, the IQ PRO treble is actually audible up to around 13khz at +/- 10dB, so it is actually forgivable.

Bottom line is I can fully recommend the IQ PRO, they sound better to me than other iems I've had, some of which were more expensive, basically look at my sig, I prefer IQ PRO to all the iem's I've owned or currently own.

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #137 of 163
someone offered to meet up with you so you could hear his k3003. didn't you take him up on it?

If you're talking to me, no. I don't feel confident in talking about meet earphones. If/when I can borrow a pair myself, I'll do it.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #138 of 163
Aug 24, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #139 of 163
Shigzeo recommended these shure tips: http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAYLF1-10-Universal-Yellow-Sleeves/dp/B003Y586K4

I'm going to try them also.

Also IQ Pro only sounds good out of very low output impedance sources imo, even 2ohm-4ohm is enough to mess with IQ Pro.

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #140 of 163
Thanks

Also IQ Pro only sounds good out of very low output impedance sources imo, even 2ohm-4ohm is enough to mess with IQ Pro.

Im planning to use iq pro with Fiio x3-2 and x5-2 (<0.2 ohm as described in specs)
After 80 hours iq pro burn-in (dont actually believe in it) still souns quite bad, but everyone complain about getting better seal, maybe its my option too, cause im very-very dissappointed at this moment.

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #141 of 163
IQ Pro is very source dependent in general I think, I dont have x3 or x5, but it sounds good from my DX90 and P90SD, but it sounds quite bad with my Pono and T51.

I think if you don't like it with the stock T100 tips then it is just a bad synergy with your dap, new tips probably won't change your outlook, unless you aren't getting a good seal in the first place.

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #142 of 163
  Bought IQ PRO because of shigzeo's review, I am glad I did, they sound fantastic, the bass is the best quality I've heard from any iem, period, and I've had plenty of iems (see sig). It is not for bass heads at all, on the contrary it has very tactile and textured bass, with just the right amount of decay for perfection. The mid's are as good as the bass, they are open and lush, clear and detailed. The treble is inoffensive yet detailed, and very lush sounding to the point of losing some clarity, for example the treble sounds more like 'SHH' rather than 'TSS', but on the other hand creates an excellent atmosphere.

A reminder that I am using the PRO version which fixes some faults of the regular IQ version, and that these iem's should be used with T100 comply foam tips which they come with, for me the treble is never a problem. In fact I would even like a tiny bit more treble extension between 10khz-13khz, but if you look at measurement's of other BA iem's they all have treble roll off, some even worse than IQ PRO, for example K3003, 1Plus2, W60, XBA-Z5, etc, all have treble roll off after 10khz, BA iem's simply have a hard time with treble extension no matter how high end the iem is, the IQ PRO treble is actually audible up to around 13khz at +/- 10dB, so it is actually forgivable.

Bottom line is I can fully recommend the IQ PRO, they sound better to me than other iems I've had, some of which were more expensive, basically look at my sig, I prefer IQ PRO to all the iem's I've owned or currently own.

Considering that that review's comments went mostly mum, I'm very glad to hear from you. As a trance fan, I'm glad that you, the man with the most trance full stops, is the one to punctuate it. 

IQ Pro is awesome. It is the IQ I wish the original was/is. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #143 of 163
After 3 weeks of using Ultrasone IQ Pro with Fiio X3II/X5II i can finally say that im totally dissappointed. It just cand stand comparence with Fisher Audio TBA-04 and Dunu-2000j. Too dark sound, ugly upper-mid spike.
So i think Ultrasone is over-priced great-build IEM, with ugly sound and problems with right seal and tips.
Maybe Im lover of light and clear-sound, but this pair of iem and not universal at all and cant be recommended to everyone.
IMHO and sorry for my bad english.
Now i want to trade iq pro for something that suits better to my ear

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #144 of 163
I still think it just isn't pairing with your dap's well, I had the X5ii previously and found it to sound a bit overly smooth and warm compared to P90SD and DX90.  Seems like the smooth sig of the fiio daps are combining with the smooth sig of the IQ Pro to create a pairing you don't like. I also own the TBA-04, and I find it is very much on the bass light, mid range clarity side of things, and DN2000j is also a bit treble happy, so it's no wonder those two iems pair better with your daps than the IQ Pro. I can agree that IQ Pro is overpriced when there is such great bang for buck contenders around, but I do feel IQ Pro sounds really great with the right pairing and it is built nicely, great cable, and is comfy.

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #145 of 163
Thanks
Im planning to use iq pro with Fiio x3-2 and x5-2 (<0.2 ohm as described in specs)
After 80 hours iq pro burn-in (dont actually believe in it) still souns quite bad, but everyone complain about getting better seal, maybe its my option too, cause im very-very dissappointed at this moment.

Those are somewhat dark sounding DAPs and you may have a predilection for sparklier, more trebly sounds. The original IQ is more u-shaped than the IQ Pro, which is, all things considered, a bass-layered, mid-powerful, but overall neutral earphone. With sharper sounding sources I consider it to be one of the best out there. 

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #146 of 163
...any comparisons with FAD H VIII,535 & IE80? - FAD considered best of all but slight decresento from very high original expectations and impressions later on (good with right source and files)...ie80 needed their burn in apparently( good match with samsung galaxy tho...and 535, kind of an all rounder but nothing to be too passionate about 

considering grabbing a new pair and hesitant amongst akg 3003, ie800, iq / iq pro or even the expensive 835 - any advice/ info would be appreciated

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #147 of 163
  ...any comparisons with FAD H VIII,535 & IE80? - FAD considered best of all but slight decresento from very high original expectations and impressions later on (good with right source and files)...ie80 needed their burn in apparently( good match with samsung galaxy tho...and 535, kind of an all rounder but nothing to be too passionate about 

considering grabbing a new pair and hesitant amongst akg 3003, ie800, iq / iq pro or even the expensive 835 - any advice/ info would be appreciated

846 rather...

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #148 of 163
I finally got the Shure yellow foams that Shigzeo recommended, I honestly wasn't expecting much, but surprisingly I had a wow moment when I changed to the yellow's from comply's, vocals and treble gained clarity and life without sacrificing any bass, a very balanced well rounded sound coming off this setup, nice depth and layering to the sound stage. I can't really think of any complaints I have about the sound of these. I am thinking of trying the AKG K3003 to compare to these.

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #149 of 163
I'm glad the yellow foamies opened them up for you. Of course it all depends on your ear shape. I think if your canals are stuffy, comply makes things sound stuffy. The yellow foamies work beautifully for me. And what, pray tell, is the music that's floating your yellow boat now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back