Ultrasone HFI 580s an upgrade over the AD700s?
Feb 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EndlessMike

Head-Fier
I love my AD700s, my first REAL set of headphones..I've had em for 5 months now and although like I said I love em; I really feel like they are lacking in the bass department; I've recently discovered Electronica/House/Dubstep/etc and while they still sound great on my AD700s I want something with a little deeper bass..I was thinking of buying the HFI 580s as I hear that those are very efficient and have awesome bass.

however I was wondering: both of these headphones are sorta in the same price range. so would the HFI 580s be a nice enough upgrade over the AD700s?

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 6
I returned my AD700's due to lack of bass. I found them terrible for most gaming and my electronic and hip-hop music. I'm set on the 580's due to bright highs and mids with slightly punchier bass than the m50 from what I read. It just seems like an all around headphone for the price which is something I realized what I wanted after owning the AD700's.

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, I originally bought my AD700s for gaming; but they honestly didn't get much use for that (although IMO they are great for gaming due to the large soundstage).

seems like I'll settle on the HFI-580s..

Quote:
I returned my AD700's due to lack of bass. I found them terrible for most gaming and my electronic and hip-hop music. I'm set on the 580's due to bright highs and mids with slightly punchier bass than the m50 from what I read. It just seems like an all around headphone for the price which is something I realized what I wanted after owning the AD700's.

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 6
I have heard both, they sound completely different. I wouldn't call it an upgrade either, more a sidegrade, they just sound different (way different). The 580 will have more bass, but I wouldn't call it a bass heavy phone though. If you don't mind supraaural (on ear) phones I would rate the Aiaiai TMA-1 to be a better buy than the 580.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 6
wow this is my identical situation, did you ever find what to upgrade to? what would be considered a solid upgrade from the ad700s along the same lines as the 580?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back