Ultrasone Edition 9 Has Landed (Big Pics)
Mar 9, 2007 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 321
Actually, they landed a week ago but since neither NSL nor Fedex nor my apartment's management office saw fit to inform me of delivery, they've been sitting in the office until today
tongue.gif

First impressions - don't trust my first impressions!
biggrin.gif

They need a ton of cooking but they're quite listenable out of the box. Extremely listenable - it wouldn't be a bad thing to enjoy them through the burn-in process, IMO. By contrast the L3000 was close to unlistenable at first. Nice balance. Mids aren't as warm as the woody headphones. Highs have a nice ping, but overally fatigue factor is low. Very good bass, less in quantity than the L3000 but it may reach even deeper than the leatherhead! They do some things very well so far - especially microdynamics. Lots of promise in these cans! I'll write more later.

I got my first DSLR (Nikon D40) Tuesday. Awesome. I should've bought one way before now.

DSC_0058-2.JPG

DSC_0067_RT-1.jpg

Did I mention how glad I am I bought a DSLR?

Mar 9, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 321
Congrats on the E9's. Keep us updated after sufficient burn-in.

OT: Awesome pics! Taken with the kit lens?

Mar 9, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 321
mine!

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 321
Awesome photos. First thing I did was go to Nikon's website to learn more about the camera!

I really hope you post some brief impressions and comparisons between the L3000, R-10, DX1000, and the E9 (and eventually the Denon, which I'm sure you'll be purchasing soon
wink.gif
) Or just keep adding to your other comparison thread. You are in great position to do an authoritative headfi comparison of the best closed headphones ever made, and I think there are many here that would love to see a review like that.

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #10 of 321
Wow, gorgeous cans and congratulations on the camera!! Excellent headphone pr*n, I must say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh...D40x with 10.2 megapixel just announced on tue

Eh, I wouldn't really let this fact bother me if I had bought a D40x. Actually, I'm wondering which sensor will do better with high ISO. I notice my new Canon XTi, which I "upgraded" to due to size/shape and LCD screen and not 10 megapixels, does have more noise than my old Rebel. Sensor-wise, I can't say which I prefer to be honest...

Best,

-Jason

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 321
The plastic looks a lot fancier...
wink.gif

You think they are worth the 5x higher price tag (
eek.gif
) over the 750..?
mad.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, gorgeous cans and congratulations on the camera!! Excellent headphone pr*n, I must say.

Eh, I wouldn't really let this fact bother me if I had bought a D40x. Actually, I'm wondering which sensor will do better with high ISO. I notice my new Canon XTi, which I "upgraded" to due to size/shape and LCD screen and not 10 megapixels, does have more noise than my old Rebel. Sensor-wise, I can't say which I prefer to be honest...

Best,

-Jason

You want low noise at hi ISO, my Canon 1Ds2 amazes me every time I look at its 16 MP images.
biggrin.gif

Gene

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #13 of 321
you photographers are crazy! i take pics with my 3MP camera and am satisfied... whew! lucky me!

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #14 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you photographers are crazy! i take pics with my 3MP camera and am satisfied... whew! lucky me!

I'll admit it. Digital photography is as bad as Head-Fi.
k1000smile.gif

Gene

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 321
I don't know what impresses me more, the headphones or the camera. :p

That being said, keep us updated on the burn in process. More eye candies too please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back