Ultrasone Edition 8
Jan 14, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #106 of 2,099
So the Ed 8's at CES were a prototype, they are still deciding on which cable to include, and they do not have a case picked out?

I wonder if that means there is a chance they will not make it to market by Feb/March...

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #107 of 2,099
I know that I am opening up a can of worms here, but one thing I appreciate about the Edition 8's is that they seem to made with high quality materials. It is a decision I applaud and one that is in contrast to the over reliance on plastic with the Sennheiser HD800's. I started a thread to this effect with polarizing opinions. Regardless to how great the Edition 8's sound, even though I do have some issues with its overall design, at least Ultrasone seemed to build the Edition 8's with quality in mind.

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #108 of 2,099
Those made in Korea? If not they sure look like it.
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #110 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those made in Korea? If not they sure look like it.
confused_face(1).gif

I like the korea design for most of their high tech stuff but the edition 8 are actually made in germany.

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #112 of 2,099
Quote:

I know it was made in Germany, but it looks terrible.

To repeat what slwiser has already said earlier in this thread, does it really matter what they look like??? As soon as they are as good or better than the Edition 9 and that they can compete with the HD800, I will be very happy
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #113 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To repeat what slwiser has already said earlier in this thread, does it really matter what they look like??? As soon as they are as good or better than the Edition 9 and that they can compete with the HD800, I will be very happy
wink.gif

No, Im sure I could get used to them if they sound wonderfull. I just dont see why they couldnt make them nicer looking like some of the portable AT woodies.

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #114 of 2,099
Quote:

No, Im sure I could get used to them if they sound wonderfull. I just dont see why they couldnt make them nicer looking like some of the portable AT woodies.

I agree. Form and function do not have to be at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #115 of 2,099
If the Edition 8's equal the sound quality of the HD800, I would rather have the Edition 8's because of its build quality. I somehow think that Sennheiser hit a home run with the HD800 and that the Edition 8's will come up short in terms of sound quality.

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #117 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I somehow think that Sennheiser hit a home run with the HD800 and that the Edition 8's will come up short in terms of sound quality.

x2, there's no doubt in my mind that the HD800 will be the king for classical music but I still think that Edition 8 will be better for rock & metal music.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #120 of 2,099
From what I've been reading, though the Edition 8's are so-called "portable" headphones, they seem to be bona-fide full sized headphones. I am a bit perplexed about something: Why would Ultrasone make a full-sized headphone and then name it Edition 8 instead of Edition 10? An Edition 10 headphone seems to be the next logical step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back