Ultrasone Edition 8
Feb 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #136 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exquisite or exotic materials? I think of exquisite as jewel encrusted, and exotic as uncommon. Now I need to go hit the dictionary - dang you head-fi!

[lavishly elegant and refined - strikingly strange or unusual - it's both]

I've been rather surprised to find it helpful to remind myself of the dictionary definitions of many words, mainly so I don't end up writing nonsense in fourms.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I am hoping Ed.8 can provide me with things that HD800 can't do. Like crazy slam etc.

If LobsterSan still has a pair of ED9s sitting around after my HD-800s arrive (we both bought pairs after they were discontinued to find out whether they were worth it or not) I'll do a comparison. I don't see myself getting a chance to try the ED8s at all this year though. The only dedicated Ultrasone dealer in my obscure city closed down (despite still being listed on Ultrasone's web site).

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #138 of 2,099
Quote:

Thanks fo the inform! Wow, cheaper than Ed.9. I wonder does it beat Ed.9 or just sound different? I wonder did your dealer mention anything on that...?

From what I have heard from Sasaki, the Edition 8 are faster than the Edition 9 (
eek.gif
) but they have slightly less impact. (i.e The Ed.9 have more bass than the Ed.8 but it doesn't mean that the Ed.8 are not capable to deliver thunderous bass...) He also told me that the mids of Edition 8 are very lush and sharp.

I have the feeling that they will be more neutral than the Edition 9.

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #141 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the Ed8 is even faster and has lush and sharp mids, it may very well be the grado killer for Rock/Metal

The Edition 9 are already very fast and IMO on par or better than the Grados for Rock & Metal. If the Edition 8 are faster than the Edition 9, it's clear that they will be amazing for Metal music.

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #143 of 2,099
Of the three 'uber' phones debuting this year, the ED8s are by far the most exciting in my mind. I would appreciate the option of velour pads for that much money though. That price makes them seem like an absolute bargain.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #144 of 2,099
I wonder why ultrasone don't make any open headphones... or if they do, at least they're not in the high end...

is it just to insure a better listening environment in case you're not somewhere quiet?

I thought open > close always because of the 'soundstage'

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #145 of 2,099
Quote:

Thanks pfillion! Interesting, look like a very competitive phone! Can't wait for the reviews! By the way, do we know are those manufactured in Germany like Ed.9?

Yes they are made in Germany like the Edition 9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would appreciate the option of velour pads for that much money though.

The Ethiopian sheepskin is more comfortable and isolate better than velour pads, trust me.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #147 of 2,099
Quote:

I wonder why ultrasone don't make any closed headphones... or if they do, at least they're not in the high end...

is it just to insure a better listening environment in case you're not somewhere quiet?

Huh?? The Edition 9 is a closed headphone and clearly their high end.
confused.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #149 of 2,099
Quote:

I wonder why ultrasone don't make any open headphones... or if they do, at least they're not in the high end...

PRO2500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back