Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Jan 3, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #196 of 461

Quote:
A small bump.
How many Limited Edition are left in stock?

Not sure, but I think only 888 were made. I love mine. The best closed cans I've owned.
L3000.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #198 of 461
My custom made Edition 8 leather case. Replica of the Ed8 LE brown leather case but done in faux black lamb skin leather. The inside is lined in black suede material. Grey hand stitched detail on the edges of the box. The center mold is removable and the entire mold of the headphone is also removable for the option to make new molds for other headphones. I am contemplating if it needs a small aluminum plate with Edition 8 Ruthenium engraved on the it to be placed on the inside of the case or outside. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #199 of 461
@sherwin,

Nice case! Who made it? Also, the center mold is fab'd, right? Which means I can have the other foam parts fab'd too?

'm thinking of having a briefcase made for my SR225. I was able to get a nice travel case (for toiletries :p) that has a lid that opens that way - entire front swings up and out with the top where th zipper ends are - and it has a net inside and an extra pocket for an IEM and my iPod. Don't have my cam right now but I'll post pics later. Problem with is that it has no padding, so a nasty drop can definitely damage everything inside, so I'm thinking of having a travel case made. And for it to have an extra  compartment to fit a larger player and/or a battery-powered amp.

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #201 of 461

Quote:
My custom made Edition 8 leather case. Replica of the Ed8 LE brown leather case but done in faux black lamb skin leather. The inside is lined in black suede material. Grey hand stitched detail on the edges of the box. The center mold is removable and the entire mold of the headphone is also removable for the option to make new molds for other headphones. I am contemplating if it needs a small aluminum plate with Edition 8 Ruthenium engraved on the it to be placed on the inside of the case or outside. 

Wow, looking good.

Why is your ED8 Ruthenium matte? Who did that?

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #202 of 461
Oh the matte finish is due to a film protector I placed on the ruthenium finish. I am really afraid it might get scratched. That is also a custom job. It does kill the gorgeous mirror finish but you can definitely handle the Ed8 without always worrying about fingerprints or scratches or whatnots. Its actually my biggest complain with the Ed8. I wish that ultrasone really included a heavy layering of clear top coat to really protect the shine from scratches. Still, it looks good and beautiful. 

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #203 of 461

Quote:
Oh the matte finish is due to a film protector I placed on the ruthenium finish. I am really afraid it might get scratched. That is also a custom job. It does kill the gorgeous mirror finish but you can definitely handle the Ed8 without always worrying about fingerprints or scratches or whatnots. Its actually my biggest complain with the Ed8. I wish that ultrasone really included a heavy layering of clear top coat to really protect the shine from scratches. Still, it looks good and beautiful. 

I like the matte finish.
Post some close-up on it?

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #204 of 461
Has anyone purchased these on ebay? There are several on ebay ($1999 LE or $1499 Ruthenium) with "Make Offer" option. What's the lowest price that these will go for?

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #205 of 461
Has anyone purchased these on ebay? There are several on ebay ($1999 LE or $1499 Ruthenium) with "Make Offer" option. What's the lowest price that these will go for?

http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/Ultrasone-Edition-8-Limited-Edition-Headphones-p/edition8-le.htm

25% off...follow the instructions here:

https://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/Articles.asp?ID=150

These guys are great to deal with. Shipped out same day for me. :D

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #206 of 461

Quote:
Quote:

http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/Ultrasone-Edition-8-Limited-Edition-Headphones-p/edition8-le.htm

25% off...follow the instructions here:

https://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/Articles.asp?ID=150

These guys are great to deal with. Shipped out same day for me.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for that info. Good price. Too bad LE's on back order though...

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #207 of 461
If there's anyone who owns both D7000 and Ed.8 can you provide a bit of info on how they compare in the bass department? Quality and quantity?
Thanks!

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #208 of 461
If there's anyone who owns both D7000 and Ed.8 can you provide a bit of info on how they compare in the bass department? Quality and quantity?
Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/333953/denon-ah-d7000/3165#post_7408619

:D

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #209 of 461
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back