Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
Sep 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #482 of 771

Quote:
The problem is, you're trying to judge something QUALitative by QUANTitative means.

It's all about subjective objectivity IMO 
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #485 of 771
Can the Ed10 be pre-ordered? If so, from whom: dealers, Ultrasone?

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #488 of 771

Quote:
Can the Ed10 be pre-ordered? If so, from whom: dealers, Ultrasone?

I contacted Ultrasone directly. Since I'm in the US, I talked to a nice lady in their US division. She put my name on her pre-orders list and told me she'd let me know as soon as it could be ordered.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #489 of 771

Quote:

I contacted Ultrasone directly. Since I'm in the US, I talked to a nice lady in their US division. She put my name on her pre-orders list and told me she'd let me know as soon as it could be ordered.

Thanks. I will try that as well.

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #491 of 771

Quote:
Quote:

The PRO650 & HFI2200 share gold-plated drivers. They do sound quite different though.
The PRO750, PRO2500, PRO900, PRO2900, & Edition 9 all share the same titanium  drivers. These also sound different, including differences between the PRO closed models (damn good) & the Ed9 (even better).

The Edition 10 appears to also use this same titanium driver in a similiar configuration. Again, there can easily be tweaks that can have significant changes to the sound. But it is the same driver, which is among the best dynamic driver in production today, and worthy of inclusion inside a luxury statement product, imo.

(I'm not sure about the Edition 8 driver, although I bet it's that same titanium driver as well)

Good observations.  Florian did mention that the driver used in the ED 10 uses a newly designed diaphragm, so it may have the same basket as the previous titanium sputtered mylar driver, but then again that may be different as well.  He also mentioned that the magnetic structure is stronger as well.  Perhaps they changed to a stronger magnet for all their drivers going forward.  The ED 8 driver appears to be the same physical design as the lower Pro series, but probably Ultrasone, like Grado and Intel, use a selection process and only the highest performing drivers go in the best cans.  Because there are far fewer of them, their value is much higher.

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #492 of 771
I have no idea what the Ed 10 will sound like, but reading this thread before most people have had a chance to listen to them is very illuminating - you can see what different people's thoughts are about 'phones in this price range, regardless of what they may sound like.

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #493 of 771
I am fascinated how people are so interested on headphones which costs in range of Ed 10 but there the real price is around 1000 euro, all other is luxury or overcosted factor etc. I would like to compare T1 and Ed 10, how much faster are ed 10 then T1. In Europe I am able purchase T1 with price around 800 euro, with good discount around 700 euro. I think, this is rational price. I do not understand what costs more then 2000 euro in Ed 10.

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #494 of 771
Here we go again lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back