Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
Oct 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #631 of 771
Since Muppetface has unsubscribed, I'm not going to keep arguing against her position on the topic. But to answer your question, Spanish nouns are either masculine or feminine.

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #633 of 771

Quote:
I didn't have much respect for Ultrasone in the past (mainly because their headphones sound completely mediocre) but now I have NO RESPECT for them as shysters trying to trick some poor fools with this ultra luxury edition. I need to spend $3K for OFC and titanium drivers? I can get the same thing from a $35 pair of Sennheiser PX100. These phone are an utterly shameless attempt to make a $60 product and rip off people who don't know better for several grand. Sennheiser made headphones for decades, spending millions in top notch research, before they had the nerve to put out a luxury $1,200 headphone. These johnny-come-latelys pump out a $3k headphone after barely a few years in business with, I can guarantee you, no better performance than a $200 pair of Grados. The only patent they hold is for some snake oil ULE shielding "that reduces this radiation by up to 98% in comparison to conventional headphones"??  I find this whole release obscene and dishonest along the line of other audio manufacturers charging $400 for a LOD or $1000 for a headphone replacement cable. Shame on Ultrasone. 

So... what you're saying is that all headphones sound the same?

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #634 of 771
He sort of has a point.

If it wasn't Ultrasone's usual limited edition BS you could say, "Just wait for the reviews" but they're likely to be all sold before a single review is posted.  Now if you want to make sure you'll hear it you'll have to pre-order it before you know much of anything about it.

Its not like they're actually "making" you buy it, but its still annoying.

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #635 of 771
This thread makes me

It seems to me that it's really silly to debate the worth of the Ed 10 until at least someone who can make useful comparisons has heard it.

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #636 of 771
We need a new thread that bann price talk
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #637 of 771

Quote:
I didn't have much respect for Ultrasone in the past (mainly because their headphones sound completely mediocre) but now I have NO RESPECT for them as shysters trying to trick some poor fools with this ultra luxury edition. I need to spend $3K for OFC and titanium drivers? I can get the same thing from a $35 pair of Sennheiser PX100. These phone are an utterly shameless attempt to make a $60 product and rip off people who don't know better for several grand. Sennheiser made headphones for decades, spending millions in top notch research, before they had the nerve to put out a luxury $1,200 headphone. These johnny-come-latelys pump out a $3k headphone after barely a few years in business with, I can guarantee you, no better performance than a $200 pair of Grados. The only patent they hold is for some snake oil ULE shielding "that reduces this radiation by up to 98% in comparison to conventional headphones"??  I find this whole release obscene and dishonest along the line of other audio manufacturers charging $400 for a LOD or $1000 for a headphone replacement cable. Shame on Ultrasone. 

You haven't heard them and you state categorically they sound the same as a pair of PX100.....
You state the cost $60?????
You can guarantee the performance is no better than a pair of $200 Grado's without having heard them????? 

This is definitely the most typical epic facepalm post ever.
Pathetic.

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #639 of 771
Oct 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #642 of 771
I just called Crystal (Ultasone California), and she has no idea when ED10 will arrive. In fact she laughed and asked me "where do people find all this information?"

After a good bit of conversation she said to have an update in a week or two. But usually takes about 2-3 weeks for the crate to arrive from Germany.

It doesn't matter where you ordered the ED10, but all US orders are processed through Ultrasone CA. Once they receive it, they ship it out to authorized resellers. Buyers will receive their item after Authorized resellers received them. So I would still assume a 3-4 weeks of wait.

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #643 of 771
Oct 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #644 of 771
If you know what you are doing, as I'm pretty sure Ultrasone, Grado, or Sennheiser know, and with all the info that you can find nowadays, that is of the public domain, there is absolutely no need of spending millions in any research to make a good sounding product, that is dumb at best...I do not think that all three brand together, have spent not even a fraction of that figure in all research done during all these years....One thing is sure, Ultrasone, have on-board one of the best (if not the best) professional in the audiology research dept, with a lot of years under the belt of research and development, no need to go any further to create an audio product, IMHO, of course you can pray God for a better one, and maybe you can get a miracle, but I do not think that you need any divine force, to make a headphone sound good nowadays... 

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #645 of 771
A couple of places here in Japan list them as going on sale October 20th. I am hoping a shop in Osaka will have a pair to demo. If so, I will be there the 21st ready to try them out. Also, the next Tokyo headphones show is October 30th and they are being featured in the ads, so at least there should be some more impressions by then. Although I won't be there, Sasaki is usually good about posting about the latest goodies at those shows and a couple of other head-fiers are in the area I believe.

I am definitey buy-curious about these. I am still looking for that magic pair of open headphones that hits a home run for me and my idiosyncratic tastes. I do not care who makes them, Grado, Ultrasone or Skullcandy. If the Edition 10s are the ones, then I will grab them and sell my HD800s and LCD-2s to (partially!) fund them without hesitation. Those other two are superb but have certain aspects that I find distracting. I wish they would put out a standard ruthenium edition though. I do not care for all the bling and the price is obscene for a pair of headphones. But, if they are exactly what I am looking for, then it will be worth it to have them and to be able to stop looking. For that price though, they are going to have to be dead-center bulls-eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back