Ultra portable setup with full size Headphones.....?
May 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

woodfiend

New Head-Fier
   I hope I am posting this in the correct area (it was here or portable source)   Does anyone have any experience with making an ultra short cable (removable or not) and directly attaching a small player (Sansa clip etc.) directly to the cups or band in some way?    I am sure I saw a pic somewhere of someone doing it.  I am thinking it would be nice to have at least one pair set up this way for exercise or ultra portability reason.   That way there is no cable to worry about while running or biking etc.

So anyone who tackled this mod I would love to see pics so I can get some good ideas.   Thanks!!

May 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 12
   I am positive someone must have done this already.    I would love to hear about your experience or get some more ideas.  Pics would be even better.   
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 12
i guess if you want really portable setup then get a small player and an iem. if you are ok with a bigger setup, then get a full size portable player, an amp, and then a full size headphone. i used to use an ipod nano with a pair of etymotic research hf 5, now i use my ipod classic with fiio e17 with sony mdr z1000 or koss tbse1.

May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #6 of 12
i think a friend of mine did this to his beats solo HD. he used velcro at one side of the headband and attached a nano 6th gen on it and used a straight to angled plug connecting to the headphone jack of the beats solo.

May 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 12
okay.

maybe you should help the OP give an idea what he is asking for?

and if the word "beats" is banned, why I can still type the word "beats"? beats me.

May 31, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 12
Fabio:    Perfect!!  Yes post #10 is exactly the type of setup I was talking about.   I think something like that could be really handy on occasion!  I was trying to find various pictures of different ways people have tackled that idea but was coming up blank with my searches here.   

I think I would try to make it a bit more streamlined than the example pictured there.  But exactly what I was looking for functionality-wise.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 12
 Sub:    Yeah I have bluetooth headphones that would be similar to what you posted.   I want circumaural headphones for this though.    I was thinking along the idea of the link Fabio posted but maybe a bit more streamlined.   They wouldn't have to be bulky (definitions of portable and bulky seem to vary as evidenced by stacked sources/amps/dacs that are used as portable setups).    In custom wooden cups they could even be built in on one side........  hmmmmm...... something to think about. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back