Ultra flat response headphones with wide stage?
Apr 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #31 of 49
@OP just to clarify, the HD600/650 are of warmer sound signature slightly laid back so you may perceive the sound is little less crisp than the brighter sound signature of the K/Q701/2's. Myself and most that own the 600 or have heard the 650 prefer it for classical and jazz because sometimes that K/Q70X treble can be too bright sounding (yes I dislike it) with certain instrumentations in the piece you are listening to. 

@Graphism: I actually second the SA3k recommendation here, with a good warm solid state amp such as a M3 or a good tube amp able to deliver enough @ 70ohms can sound make the S3k sound very very good. Actually I find the sound a balanced mateship of the K/Q70X with the HD600/650's. The 600 I find is more neutral than the 650 but the 650 more warmer but can scale like a behemoth depending on the amplification thrown at it. 

PS: I thought the SA line was completely discontinued already?

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #32 of 49
Quote:
@Graphism: I actually second the SA3k recommendation here, with a good warm solid state amp such as a M3 or a good tube amp able to deliver enough @ 70ohms can sound make the S3k sound very very good. Actually I find the sound a balanced mateship of the K/Q70X with the HD600/650's. The 600 I find is more neutral than the 650 but the 650 more warmer but can scale like a behemoth depending on the amplification thrown at it. 

PS: I thought the SA line was completely discontinued already?

I thought so too but then you can still buy them new in most places, I suppose for those considering buy now to avoid disappointment.

I love the SA3k for what they are, I can only think the Sony branding put people off even considering them.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #33 of 49
Yeah true, the only thing I disliked about my SA3k was the stock cable. Good thing the opposite housing had a rubber stopper so I didn't have to drill a hole into the plastic housing so just re-cabled them into balanced.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #34 of 49
Maybe I'm lucky, I found an incredible deal. Somebody is selling his 1 year old (still one year warranty on them) seldom used HD800 for one third of the price. If this is no fraud it might be the perfect solution for me. So wish me luck

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:
Maybe I'm lucky, I found an incredible deal. Somebody is selling his 1 year old (still one year warranty on them) seldom used HD800 for one third of the price. If this is no fraud it might be the perfect solution for me. So wish me luck

Good Luck!!  Use paypal with credit card, have them ship it with full tracking information.  Don't wire transfer the $$$.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #40 of 49
Thanks for all the warnings. He proposed a seemingly fair shipping option: he gives the Senni to the shipping company, they contact me when this happened and I pay the money to them. Upon delivery I have 5 days to decide whether I want to keep the headphone. Only when I give the ok the shipping company transfers the money to the seller.
The best part is that there should still be a one year warranty by Sennheiser upon the headphone.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #42 of 49
So the HD800 is in custody of "Alan Gee Transports". Does anybody know this company? I've never heard of it and it might seem a bit fishy. They have sent me a tracking number and informed me that the package will be delivered when they got the money. However, the bank account is for a private person, not Alan Gee Trans or anything. "[size=12.0px][size=12.0px]Note* The amount is sent to one of our Company agents and will remain in our custody until the transaction is completed" [/size][/size]

The seller set me a scan of his passport, don't know what to make of this.

Here's a link to the company:

http://alangeetrans.com/services.html

A bit strange that they haven't got a phone number to contact them - email only.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:
So the HD800 is in custody of "Alan Gee Transports". Does anybody know this company? I've never heard of it and it might seem a bit fishy. They have sent me a tracking number and informed me that the package will be delivered when they got the money. However, the bank account is for a private person, not Alan Gee Trans or anything. "[size=12.0px][size=12.0px]Note* The amount is sent to one of our Company agents and will remain in our custody until the transaction is completed" [/size][/size]

...you can't be serious.

The domain alangeetrans.com was created today, April 9th 2013 and is registered to a Minguez Antonia who lives in Madrid, Spain.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #44 of 49
Smells fishy...
So the Alangeetrans "agent" is a different person than the seller?  That could be tricky.  So what happens when the seller claims to not receive payment?  Who do you go after?

Alangeetrans has no google history.... sounds like its a false front.

You should contact your credit card company IMMEDIATELY, they can do financial background checks and other things to verify authenticity.

**EDIT**  This could also be a coin scam.  Seller claims to sell you one item but knowingly boxes up and ships a coin, or some other useless piece of junk.  They are banking on the sluggishness of international customs and shipping.  By the time you realize you've been scammed 2-4 weeks later, the seller closes up shop with $$ and is never heard from again.  I have been a victim of this one first hand. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #45 of 49
Thanks for the help. Incredible which depths people go into to get a bit of money. Luckily I haven't transferred anything and he has no data from me which he couldn't find in a phonebook. I'll report the small add he put up for the HD800 so he can't lure in anybody else. I wonder where he's got the scan of the passport from though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back