Ultimatum: Battle of the Deals?Which to buy?
Sep 19, 2010 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yearsofwisdom

100+ Head-Fier
Basically, im a huge sucker for deals and my budget is <100 dollars. I listen to 35 percent classical music(including orchestral works,woodwind concertos ,opera) 35 percent rock( classical + alternative) 25 percent hip hop(rap) 5 percent other( electronic, trance, metal). Basically i've narrowed my choices down to the MC5, HSJE900s since the deal is only 75 bucks!, super fi 5s which are like 60, RE0s, REZero, and IE6s + Monster turbines if they go on sale again. Which one?!?!?! sorry total noob here. + high school student so durability + money is an issue for me. but obviously i would like the most bang for the buck and obviously the best sound quality.

edit: also currently have the Koss KSC75

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 5
maybe this will help you out

do your homework

read other threads here and try to understand what kind of sound each IEM gets out and what kind of sound you want

this is a handy chart

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...7#post_6492059

coming as a recap from this amazing iem-by price review thread by Joker

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...ha-added-09-17

truth is , the moment you buy a pair of IEM's , you will probably start checking for your next,better,nore expensive upgrade

I know i did.

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 5
Are you ok with headphones or does it have to be an IEM?

If not, check into the Creative Aurvana Live for $65-$70. They're very small and would be good for portable use. They also have the same drivers as the Denon D1001.

If you like the sound out of the KSC75, you may also like the UR-55 from Koss. Those are $50. The Pro DJ 100 ($80) is way better (especially for your types of music), but not as portable as most of the others i've suggested. That's my current favorite headphone and the best deal i've ever come across.

The CAL and UR-55 are what I myself would use for a portable under $70 I think. Everything I could suggest for $70-$100 is too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back