Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
May 14, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #706 of 811
Sorry may I ask what do you mean by the connector is different? I am kind of worried with third party cables with different material as I am hoping it won't affect the sound in any favor of the cable itself. kind of self contradict as I buy the UERR for the neutrality itself

The part that connects to the IEM itself is different on my custom cable than the stock connector that UE used up till recently

May 17, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #711 of 811
After having my UERRs for a few weeks now and getting the right fit I feel I've got a good grasp on its sound. I can see why it's being sold as a reference, I feel like no aspect of the sound overpowers anything else and no information is missing. It reminds me of the Audeze LCD2s, except with more forward vocals and the inherent differences that come with the driver technology used. Since I have the new IPX connectors balaned is out of the question for now.

May 17, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #712 of 811
After having my UERRs for a few weeks now and getting the right fit I feel I've got a good grasp on its sound. I can see why it's being sold as a reference, I feel like no aspect of the sound overpowers anything else and no information is missing. It reminds me of the Audeze LCD2s, except with more forward vocals and the inherent differences that come with the driver technology used. Since I have the new IPX connectors balaned is out of the question for now.
Just order the connector that you want for balanced, hack off the ends of a spare IPX cable, and solder the new plug onto it!

May 17, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #713 of 811
Maybe it's because of the new molding method used but I've noticed the insertion depth is pretty shallow

Just order the connector that you want for balanced, hack off the ends of a spare IPX cable, and solder the new plug onto it!
I'm the last person anyone should trust with a soldering iron :disappointed_relieved:

May 26, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #714 of 811
How many have the new IPX cable system? I think I’ll get it. I’m thinking about the Bluetooth cable as an addition to the standard cable, for the gym. But I’m wondering how much of an impact Bluetooth will have on the sound - and whether I may as well just use a cheaper pair of Bluetooth in ears for the gym.

May 26, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #715 of 811
How many have the new IPX cable system? I think I’ll get it. I’m thinking about the Bluetooth cable as an addition to the standard cable, for the gym. But I’m wondering how much of an impact Bluetooth will have on the sound - and whether I may as well just use a cheaper pair of Bluetooth in ears for the gym.

*Slow Clap*

CIEMs for the gym.

I've found CIEMs to not stay in place or have the greatest seal when you're excercising. Mostly as increase sweat and oil build up in your outer ear, constant mouth movement when undergoing quicked respiration, and up/down movement while excercising.

May 26, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #716 of 811
I get what bowei is saying regarding sweat, etc. impacting CIEMs. While this is true, my experience is that sweat and movement adversely impact all headphone situations. One of my favorite things about using CIEMs when exercising, is that with movement, I don't have to fiddle with them and reseat them for fit/isolation. It's true that sweat build up can cause the loss of seal to some extent, but for me, it's far worse with universal in ears. This may be remedied by universals with better tips, but coming from ie800's, for instance, they were almost more trouble than they were worth for use when exercising. This may be more a fault of those iems than anything else however.

The IPX system makes this an even better use case scenario, as the connections are now waterproof, and should be trouble free. I can speak from experience, that I have used my UERR's extensively while exercising, and they have worked great. Having had the MMCX connectors, those did suffer from occasional intermittent sound situations, likely exacerbated by sweat interfering with the connections (remedied by application of contact cleaner). The IPX cable and connectors seem to address and remedy any issues exposure to sweat would introduce.

May 26, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #717 of 811
I get what bowei is saying regarding sweat, etc. impacting CIEMs. While this is true, my experience is that sweat and movement adversely impact all headphone situations. One of my favorite things about using CIEMs when exercising, is that with movement, I don't have to fiddle with them and reseat them for fit/isolation. It's true that sweat build up can cause the loss of seal to some extent, but for me, it's far worse with universal in ears. This may be remedied by universals with better tips, but coming from ie800's, for instance, they were almost more trouble than they were worth for use when exercising. This may be more a fault of those iems than anything else however.

The IPX system makes this an even better use case scenario, as the connections are now waterproof, and should be trouble free. I can speak from experience, that I have used my UERR's extensively while exercising, and they have worked great. Having had the MMCX connectors, those did suffer from occasional intermittent sound situations, likely exacerbated by sweat interfering with the connections (remedied by application of contact cleaner). The IPX cable and connectors seem to address and remedy any issues exposure to sweat would introduce.

That's why its best to not take CIEMs and rather something on that same level but without fit problems.... Like an AEON Flow Closed.

May 26, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #718 of 811
I should be receiving the LIVE (with IPX and IPX Bluetooth) in the next couple of days (quite possibly tonight).

With regards to using Bluetooth at the gym, I have absolutely zero issues using my UE Custom at the gym. I didn’t worry about the sound because I could change the sound signature to my liking via Jaybird application.

I ran the Nike Go Run LA 10K on the 90 (Marina Freeway) and only had to adjust the UE Custom once during the run (ran it in 1hr 14min 59secs, thank God).

The entire post is located in my Instagram, here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4x4NFBRzQ/?hl=en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back