Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #691 of 811
Yup, at that price they were a steal. Just the right timing for me too, my favorite IEMs had just died on me and they were out of warranty. Hopefully my LCD2C is enough to keep me from constantly checking my email haha

The day of delivery is the worst

1AFEBF20-A834-453F-A9A0-D70E5479EBA5.gif

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #692 of 811
The day of delivery is the worst

Funny thing is I’ll likely have to get a refit he same day I head down to UE HQ, it’s the price of chosing to eat healthier :beyersmile:

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #693 of 811
Waiting on the ToGo version right now and then the plan is to go custom if I really like it.

Its funny how I started this journey with a UE Super fi 3 in 2011 and now at UE RR in 2018 so I’m sorta meeting myself back at start with the same brand but now with a potential end game.

Just like the Etymotics, if the signature of the UERM/UERR works for you it is definitely an ultimate end gamer in its class. An anti-thesis to more is better and more expensive is better (it's not exactly cheap I know)

I love my UERR to go but has no plans to go custom as I am always happy to let those equipped with the 12/18/20 drivers iems costing 3-4 times of my UERR to try on them. Always enjoyable to see their change of expression in awe of the sound. You can have an iem sounding rich, sweet or with a huge soundstage, thumping bass etc, but it is more difficult than you could imagine to find an iem that renders everything RIGHT.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #694 of 811
I got my uerr for 6 months, aside from minor not so well polished areas on the clear shell, one thing is sticking on my nerve as this is my first ciem, when I try to look inside the ciem I found a few white specks inside the clear shell which was not there before (initially I identified a small speck on the right CIEM which is on the inside and very close to the glue surface near the white faceplate), then after a month another speck appears next to it.

I know it’s a non issue for sound quality but want to ask does anyone have similar problem?

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #695 of 811
I got my uerr for 6 months, aside from minor not so well polished areas on the clear shell, one thing is sticking on my nerve as this is my first ciem, when I try to look inside the ciem I found a few white specks inside the clear shell which was not there before (initially I identified a small speck on the right CIEM which is on the inside and very close to the glue surface near the white faceplate), then after a month another speck appears next to it.

I know it’s a non issue for sound quality but want to ask does anyone have similar problem?
I've had mine for over a year (as well as many other pairs of customs for almost 20 years now) and never seen anything inside mine "loose". And my faceplates have glitter and other small things in them. I'd contact UE and ask them - they have always been really good and accomodating with any issue, no matter how minor. It could be something from the sanding of the faceplate. The static charge from polishing could've kept a few specs of acrylic stuck and they're now migrating.

Apr 14, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #696 of 811

I would definitely contact UE about that

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #697 of 811
It seems I've somehow managed to get an ear infection this week :triportsad:

May 7, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #699 of 811
May 9, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #700 of 811
IMG_20180508_190509.jpg

I received my monitors back today with the new IPX cable system. So far my initial impression is that I like the new cable. I am definitely happy with the new connectors, they are great. I am pretty happy that they are much less prone to any issue of intermittent sound. As for the sound, they sound good. I was happy with the original cables (most recently using the MMCX connector), and these sound good, but I need more time to determine properly whether or not I consider them an improvement in that regard. The lightness and flexibility are most welcome. Appreciably more ergonomic.

May 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #701 of 811
Anyone have idea that is the old 2pin connector compatible with the QDC cables? I am looking for a 4.4mm balanced option for my UERR but sadly UE have no plan on such a cable, let alone they've moved to a new connector, right now at least on cable look and materials the QDC ones look remarkably similar to the UE socket, so if it was compatible, I will be more than happy to try a 4.4mm balanced cable with minimal alteration of sound from the cable itself to the UERR.

May 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #702 of 811
Anyone have idea that is the old 2pin connector compatible with the QDC cables? I am looking for a 4.4mm balanced option for my UERR but sadly UE have no plan on such a cable, let alone they've moved to a new connector, right now at least on cable look and materials the QDC ones look remarkably similar to the UE socket, so if it was compatible, I will be more than happy to try a 4.4mm balanced cable with minimal alteration of sound from the cable itself to the UERR.
They actually have a balanced replacement cable - go to their site, look up accessories and choose the SL cable type. Under the options is a choice for a 4-pin 2.5mm balanced. Then, get a 4.4 to 2.5mm adapter. You could also just cut the end off a regular cable and solder on your own plug...the cables have separate grounds so it's easy to make.

May 14, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #703 of 811
They actually have a balanced replacement cable - go to their site, look up accessories and choose the SL cable type. Under the options is a choice for a 4-pin 2.5mm balanced. Then, get a 4.4 to 2.5mm adapter. You could also just cut the end off a regular cable and solder on your own plug...the cables have separate grounds so it's easy to make.
Actually I saw that one but what I need is a 4.4mm to be used with Sony players, which they don’t have

May 14, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #704 of 811

I had PlusSound Audio make this cable. The connectors are different, but fit well and has a 4.4mm balanced termination

20180514_113102595_iOS.jpg

May 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #705 of 811
I had PlusSound Audio make this cable. The connectors are different, but fit well and has a 4.4mm balanced termination

Sorry may I ask what do you mean by the connector is different? I am kind of worried with third party cables with different material as I am hoping it won't affect the sound in any favor of the cable itself. kind of self contradict as I buy the UERR for the neutrality itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back