Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #661 of 811
Are they finally available anywhere to purchase? I remember I was reading already in June that "soon in shops"

You mean UERR ToGo? It's on Amazon :wink:

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #663 of 811
Oh, interesting. Was expecting some announcement from them.

Yeah, it was a bit of a surprise to me as well. UE18+ Pro ToGo is also on Amazon, but temp out of stock.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #665 of 811
Are they finally available anywhere to purchase? I remember I was reading already in June that "soon in shops"

As Alex @twister6 said, they should be available now. Interesting to see that Amazon seems to be the first (or one of the first) place where you can already get them. (The last time I was directly in touch with UE, I was told the To-Go project would be finalised by Q4 2017, which obviously is now, hence also my comparatively late-ish review because they wanted to successfully finish the project first.)

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #666 of 811
Here is my full English review of the (universal fit version of the) UERR (, which is called "to-go"): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/12/uerr-to-go-review-english.html#more
Of course with included comparisons to my UERM.

... and now re-posted to the Head Gear section here on Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ultimate-ears-reference-remastered.21755/reviews#review-19582

DSC04625-small.JPG

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #667 of 811
I'm curious. Is there any benefit to being incredibly local (as in a 20-30 minute drive) to the main Irvine facility?

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #668 of 811
I'm curious. Is there any benefit to being incredibly local (as in a 20-30 minute drive) to the main Irvine facility?

You can visit and audition everything, get 3D ear scan, maybe ask for a discount, I guess? :wink:

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #670 of 811

Probably get some freebies when collecting your order in person I believe? =P

Rocking my UERR to go when typing this. Seriously after collecting, owning, and loving (and flipping some as well) almost every TOTL iems out there, and after all that excitement when something new comes out with yet some more drivers and technological advances (and voodoos), upon a period of self-reflection and critical assessment, I have found that the UERR is actually the closest thing to my end-game iem, the end-game output gear of my portable system, if there's such a thing, or that if I'm only allowed to take one pair of iems with me to live on an isolated island this is it. While fidelity is the goal to all hifi gear, the UERR simply reproduces all sonic elements (vocals, instruments, timbres, air, soundstage, layering and scale, reverb, transcients etc) truest to their original forms, at least it sounds like that to my ears. Paired with the UE Summit pure silver cable it's the purists' divine delight.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #671 of 811
I didn’t get any special treatment by going there, except for the fact that I could try out all of the different monitors and get a 3D scan (which I highly recommend). No freebies were offered, although I’ve heard different stories. I kinda wished I’d just asked them to throw in a balanced cable!

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #672 of 811
Does anyone have any experience getting a refit or on the spot adjustments to their UERR?

I took mine in to UE a month ago because I’m getting pain at the top of the right ear, which causes me to get a headache and makes it feel like both ears are in pain/under pressure. I told them where it was hurting and they came back out and asked me to try, and it felt like they were good...

But he problem is, it takes about 10-15 mins to feel the pain. When should I know to get a total refit, or just keep asking for adjustments?

I think I’ll ask for an adjustment again, with some more detail about the area under pressure and just listen in the car for 30 minutes following.

Does anyone have any other tips they would recommend regarding fitting?

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #673 of 811
Does anyone have any experience getting a refit or on the spot adjustments to their UERR?

I took mine in to UE a month ago because I’m getting pain at the top of the right ear, which causes me to get a headache and makes it feel like both ears are in pain/under pressure. I told them where it was hurting and they came back out and asked me to try, and it felt like they were good...

But he problem is, it takes about 10-15 mins to feel the pain. When should I know to get a total refit, or just keep asking for adjustments?

I think I’ll ask for an adjustment again, with some more detail about the area under pressure and just listen in the car for 30 minutes following.

Does anyone have any other tips they would recommend regarding fitting?
I would keep having UE perform the adjustments until the custom in-ear feels as comfortable as possible for you. What makes UE exceptionally awesome is that if you go or can go to the headquarters on your own, they can perform the necessary adjustments for your custom in-ear on-the-spot.

Good luck!

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #674 of 811
Ultimate Ears did on the spot fit adjustments for my UERR at The NAMM Show this weekend. I basically just told them my right earpiece was a bit loose, they reshaped it a bit, asked to try it on again, added an acrylic coat over the parts they touched up, and UV cured it.

I'm not sure how it would work if you were to ship it in since you don't get to try it on right there when they're making adjustments. I'm guessing if you mention the pain, they'd probably have a few cases of the same thing from other customers and would make adjustments from previous history.

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #675 of 811

Users who are viewing this thread

Back