Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Mar 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #151 of 811

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

In this episode of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at the latest collaboration between Capitol Records and Ultimate Ears. It is the next evolution of Ultimate Ears' Reference Monitor, the new Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered (UERR) custom-fit in-ear monitor.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor custom-fit in-ear monitor
  2. Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered custom-fit in-ear monitor

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #152 of 811

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

In this episode of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at the latest collaboration between Capitol Records and Ultimate Ears. It is the next evolution of Ultimate Ears' Reference Monitor, the new Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered (UERR) custom-fit in-ear monitor.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor custom-fit in-ear monitor
  2. Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered custom-fit in-ear monitor

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Actually this is the only in-ear product which is needed on this market :wink:

No one else was able to get that close to neutral reference sound. (As Jude explained - the closest replica of professional studio environment).
I just spent so much money on all the flagships around (Layla, K10, U12 + even over ears LCD-X, HD800S .. etc etc) and this product is the real end game for both in-ear and over ear worlds.

Why on earth would anyone intentionally want to buy $ 1-2-3k in-ears presenting the sound in a wrong way, which is messed up in some frequencies? :) 
If you want to make the sound on purpose different than artist intended in his recording (why? haha), then you can tune with EQ those particular UERR to anything you want. With the help of measurement device, you can make UERR with the detailed EQ tuning sound like any other CIEM around.

But when you already EQing for example Layla, which is not even close to reference, you are double ******* up the original sound artist intended to produce :wink: = which is nonsense.

Tremendous job Ultimate Ears & Capitol Studios!! 

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #153 of 811
To those who heard or have the UERR, is the sound signature close to say an open Ether? Of course I'm not talking resolving or anything just general trend like a more musical neutral monitor. Cause thats the vibe im getting here.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #154 of 811
  To those who heard or have the UERR, is the sound signature close to say an open Ether? Of course I'm not talking resolving or anything just general trend like a more musical neutral monitor. Cause thats the vibe im getting here.

I haven't heard Ether since they launched but I find UERR to be close to HD800S. In fact, very close apart from dimension of soundstage.

UERR is to UERM what HD800S is to HD800, more or less.

Treble refinement with more bass extension.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #155 of 811
  No one else was able to get that close to neutral reference sound. (As Jude explained - the closest replica of professional studio environment).
I just spent so much money on all the flagships around (Layla, K10, U12 + even over ears LCD-X, HD800S .. etc etc) and this product is the real end game for both in-ear and over ear worlds.

Why on earth would anyone intentionally want to buy $ 1-2-3k in-ears presenting the sound in a wrong way, which is messed up in some frequencies? :) 
If you want to make the sound on purpose different than artist intended in his recording (why? haha), then you can tune with EQ those particular UERR to anything you want. With the help of measurement device, you can make UERR with the detailed EQ tuning sound like any other CIEM around.

If you like flat reference natural balanced sound signature, consider the STAX SR-002 in-ears too, only cons is the housing/fit and the full open design, but price performance ratio is in this category unbeaten if you want this kind if sound signature. http://www.head-fi.org/products/stax-srs-002-in-the-earspeaker-system-srm-002-sr-002-japan-import/reviews/15135

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #156 of 811

I haven't heard Ether since they launched but I find UERR to be close to HD800S. In fact, very close apart from dimension of soundstage.

UERR is to UERM what HD800S is to HD800, more or less.

Treble refinement with more bass extension.

That's great in terms of difference in tuning. I personally preferred the HD800s a lot. I'm just using Ethers as a reference as they are my favorite.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #157 of 811
I enjoy the HD800S alot, glad that the UERR has this signature.
Now the big question is when will these be available via Massdrop?

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #158 of 811
I enjoy the HD800S alot, glad that the UERR has this signature.
Now the big question is when will these be available via Massdrop?

Good question.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #159 of 811
UE RR is iem version of HD800S?

dont tempt me to buy... 
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #163 of 811
IMHO.

I actually prefer the more intimate soundstage of UERR so I sold my HD800S. For a reference headphone (unless you really hate on IEMs) UERR could be 'the one'.

Wow sold the HD800S? Were the HD800S properly driven versus the UERR? I would think HD800s should still be on a different level because of massive price gap and their notorious potential with better gear. Well thats what I got from research anyway. Havent heard either so just my 2 cents.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #164 of 811
Hey Everyone.

We're really excited about the reception we are getting on the UE RRR. I'm gonna start sharing some videos about 'em
Our first is from Nico Bolas discussing what Hi-Res Audio is.

More to come. Exciting times!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back