Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #121 of 811
  The UERRs are more holographic. This was mentioned in Judes comments (unheard, I believe) quoting some folks with UE (or Capital).

The bass is better on them as well. These are impressions out of the ZX2, mostly. I'm listening to the Mojo now, and I'm quite pleased, but I've spent considerably less time listening to it. It is evident that the Mojo is on another level...but early to form opinions comparing RM to RR.

I want to say that the UERMs are slightly more on 'the bleeding edge'. A little more raw, kind of 'hot', which is actually a quality I can really enjoy. A little bit brighter. They have a sound that is to my liking, a 'reference tuned' signature, but I will say that I like the RRs better. They really have a sound that I can get into and enjoy for long periods. Perhaps this is a component of a broader range of tracks 'sounding really good' with them.

Or perhaps there's a negative way to look at the RRs being 'more pleasing to the ear', and less 'raw', but I'm not seeing any negative here. The RRs sound great. Crisp, articulate, and up to the task of having excellent detail, 'alive', and also natural and easy to listen to.

There are numerous differences, and I'm happy to have both. They are different enough that they are not redundant.

Many confuse etched with accurate. Preference aside, I suspect the RR are more correct for any type of listening. Sounds like they may have paid more attention to phase and/or group delay as well. It's not anything new to transducers but they may not be mentioning it to avoid (overzealous?) conflict with JA patents.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #122 of 811
  Short update : I like the sound more and more! Only bad side is their impedance and sensitivity 35 Ohms / 100 dB @ 1mW which results in kind of thin sound when driven without an AMP.
From TOTL reference IEMs I can consider Layla as direct and probably only one current competitor in the producer / studio range (waiting what brings Shure KSE1500 to the game). And Layla does tremendous job when used directly from the Macbook Pro Retina 2015 output without any AMP at all (20 Ohms / 117dB @ 1mW).
Unfortunately UERR are not able to show their full potential. I found out the perfect pairing seems to be FIIO E12A, which results in amazing powerful and balanced sound signature. But who wants to carry another devices, when this is not necessary with other CIEMs? :) I believe there is reason for that, because the final amped sound is possibly one of the best 2015/2016 reference signatures I have heard.

This is one member who will be awaiting your full review, John. The UERR sounds like it might suit my tastes very well. If I need an external amp, I have two great, if dated, headphone amplifiers in the Phil LaRocco Portable Reference II (Mk 2) and the Triad Audio L3. The DAP I am considering heavily for purchase and constant usage, the Calyx M, probably has enough on-board amplification to eschew the necessity for external amps.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #123 of 811
Looking forward to comparisons with ER4S and KSE 1500. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #125 of 811
I don't, but one of my friends in Hong Kong got a chance to hear it along with the PonoPlayer and he ended up saying the the KSE1500 is a disappointment if you're comparing them to the typical e-stat sound, that is in full-sized headphones like STAX or Koss.
It does not possess the usual Stax quality we know of; neither it feels delicate, airy and good transient response, nor having much bass impact. It feels kind of slow actually, and the mid-low leaves a lot to be desire.

It's a disappointment in all sense besides that it really shields out noise.

Actually he's the person who introduced me to e-stats 2.5 years back and we have similar tastes in headphones in that regard. XD

Considering the UERR is 1/3 the price, I think my hard-earned money is going to go towards one of those some day.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #126 of 811
Jan 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #128 of 811
  Any more impressions on the UERR?

Still have no time to write proper review, but after many hours already spent with them I can honestly say if anyone seek for truly reference sound - these are best choice on current market, period.

Pairing with Mojo / or AK240 delivers astonishing results.

My end game CIEM was still Layla customs, but now I do find UERR in some areas better than Layla.

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #129 of 811
  Still have no time to write proper review, but after many hours already spent with them I can honestly say if anyone seek for truly reference sound - these are best choice on current market, period.

My end game CIEM was still Layla customs, but now I do find UERR in some areas better than Layla.

Better than the UE 18 Pro ?

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #130 of 811

Better than the UE 18 Pro ?

Ue18 iant exactly a "reference" tuning which is what the UERR is more about

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #131 of 811

Considering the massive price difference that is impressive. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #132 of 811
I have the KSE1500 and the UERM. I'm planning to check out the UERR at Can Jam So Cal.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #133 of 811
^ Post your comparisons please. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #134 of 811

Could you please elaborate if you can? In which areas is UERR better? Not as good? In terms of transparency and resolution, how do they compare? Thank you

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #135 of 811
received mine yesterday. They fit well. Will break them in with some playtime. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back