Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #2,359 of 4,383
Thanks people for giving some helpful tips.  Logitech was very quick to replace my defective set.  Haven't received them yet but I'm looking forward to having a functional pair.  I was also told that they're going to send me something called DEOXIT.  I thought that was a rather nice touch.  Would all of you recommend applying some right out of the box.  Or every few months of use.  

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2,360 of 4,383
  Thanks people for giving some helpful tips.  Logitech was very quick to replace my defective set.  Haven't received them yet but I'm looking forward to having a functional pair.  I was also told that they're going to send me something called DEOXIT.  I thought that was a rather nice touch.  Would all of you recommend applying some right out of the box.  Or every few months of use.  

Some users used it out of the box if they ran into issues.  They are supposed to help clean the contacts of the UE900.  I used a standard brush to do it, this is a chemical way to do it though.  Both work.  I still believe its post-manufacturing that leaves this residue.  It could also be that the residue is coated to avoid oxide building up (they aren't gold plated).  

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #2,361 of 4,383
i suggested clear nail polish, haven't tried it myself though. i still haven't had any issues, i've had a couple of cut outs on the right side, but only when i've moved my head suddenly and only in the first couple of weeks, no problems for the last month.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #2,368 of 4,383
quote name="Spyro" url="/t/624973/ultimate-ears-ue-900-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/2355#post_9942397"]Basically much less exciting and kind of boring.  UE900 is flat and reference level neutral in it's presentation where TF10 and W3 (especially W3) are much more robust, colorful and slamming.
[/quote]

You really think that ue900 are boring?

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #2,369 of 4,383
I feel like I have a tendency to just spam in discussions so I tried not to comment. But really, the UE900 is far from reference flat. With 100 Ohm adapter and pinholes blocked it is pretty flat, it measures well. But stock UE900 is no way reference flat. Boring? That depends on your preference. I find modded UE900 to be insanely boring, in a good way.

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2,370 of 4,383
I feel like I have a tendency to just spam in discussions so I tried not to comment. But really, the UE900 is far from reference flat. With 100 Ohm adapter and pinholes blocked it is pretty flat, it measures well. But stock UE900 is no way reference flat. Boring? That depends on your preference. I find modded UE900 to be insanely boring, in a good way.

Quick question: is the 100 ohm adapter the thing that came with the UE900s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back