Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #2,342 of 4,383
Doesn't covering up the hole reduce the bass?

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #2,344 of 4,383
  Doesn't covering up the hole reduce the bass?

ROTFLMAO!

I was trying to INCREASE the bass.   For a quad driver I thought is was pathetic.  I thought TFPro10 bass was about right.  To regress from that is disastrous.  Throw in a badly rolled off treble and you have a really bad IEM.  Just buy an ER4 for $100 less and be done with it

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #2,345 of 4,383
ROTFLMAO!

I was trying to INCREASE the bass.   For a quad driver I thought is was pathetic.  I thought TFPro10 bass was about right.  To regress from that is disastrous.  Throw in a badly rolled off treble and you have a really bad IEM.  Just buy an ER4 for $100 less and be done with it
each to their own I guess but I thought blocking holes made the phone more neutral and made the mids less veiled. It was an improvement for me because the mids were getting on my nerves at one point

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #2,347 of 4,383

As for the cables I don't know anything. I use the stock black cables but I've thought about trying something else. If you buy any of those, please report if there are any differences :)

Absolutely, I will.  Planning to order this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2m-Handmade-Cable-Remote-For-Shure-se535-se846-ue900-earphone-Iphone-Samsung-/281150843547?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&var=&hash=item4175e56a9b and a few other ones from this seller.  They look pretty cool.  As soon as I receive it, I will review them and let you know how it sounds!

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #2,348 of 4,383
@twister6 I think its better to let the pinhole fill up naturally. I found it pretty interesting of the sound change it gos threw, Almost like having or experiencing different iem before getting the final sound change. If you just cover it up with tape or something you won't experience this. As far as how do I know if I have a new or old model that's been improve there no way of knowing for sure but checking the batch number and waiting to see if anything gos wrong or not. My pair has a slight design change from the older batch but I'm not sure what's that's about and it seems like I was the only one who received one like that on this form

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #2,349 of 4,383
@twister6 I think its better to let the pinhole fill up naturally. I found it pretty interesting of the sound change it gos threw, Almost like having or experiencing different iem before getting the final sound change. If you just cover it up with tape or something you won't experience this. As far as how do I know if I have a new or old model that's been improve there no way of knowing for sure but checking the batch number and waiting to see if anything gos wrong or not. My pair has a slight design change from the older batch but I'm not sure what's that's about and it seems like I was the only one who received one like that on this form

Doing that is pretty irreversible. Taping is reversible. If you don't like the sound when it's filled up with wax, then it's harder to clean that out than to remove a piece of tape. Just good to know.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2,350 of 4,383
Hi everyone.  New to the UE 900 party.  Unfortunately straight from the box my pair has a severe channel imbalance.  Mostly in the lower frequencies.  Bass is skewed to the extreme left.  While the other frequencies aren't quite as extreme they are definitely weaker on the right side.  Overall the imaging is most definitely ruined and I'm pretty disappointed with the QC of logitech and my new purchase.  Do all of you think this is a sufficient reason for Logitech to replace my pair.  I'm not sure what their warranty process is like, or what to expect from their customer service.  Just seeking some advice from all you experienced owners.  They're from batch number 1234 btw.  

Oct 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #2,351 of 4,383
  Hi everyone.  New to the UE 900 party.  Unfortunately straight from the box my pair has a severe channel imbalance.  Mostly in the lower frequencies.  Bass is skewed to the extreme left.  While the other frequencies aren't quite as extreme they are definitely weaker on the right side.  Overall the imaging is most definitely ruined and I'm pretty disappointed with the QC of logitech and my new purchase.  Do all of you think this is a sufficient reason for Logitech to replace my pair.  I'm not sure what their warranty process is like, or what to expect from their customer service.  Just seeking some advice from all you experienced owners.  They're from batch number 1234 btw.  

Nuoooooooo I'm really sorry for you!

I think you should contact logitech as soon as you can and listen to them.. if they won't replace them you can still being refunded. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2,352 of 4,383
Clean cable connection areas with q tip an rubbing alcohol. Some had reported connection static issues and debris on connections messing things up. Your condition sounds more serious but worth a shot.

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #2,354 of 4,383
Hello i joined the UE 900 club, i got a 30% discount price from a local store that had a weekend sale on the UE 900 in Norway :)

Beautyful looking Iem, i could not resist it with a discount like this.

I got one with the serial no. that starts with 1244, i have done some reading and observed that some people have some problems with the connectors etc. on the early batch like 1234 etc.
Should i worry with a serial no. like this(1244)?

And some people report that the black paint on the iem has some issues. soo have anybody tried this "mod"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfgRRMnF4Bc

And what kind of protector is that? It does not look like a phone screen one? Its soft and flexible, hmm makes me wonder?

And btw. sorry if this has been asked before, but i have not had the time yet too read all the posts in this thread.

Im working on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back