Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #2,311 of 4,383
The small double flanges? Or the big ass ones? I'm currently using the meelec balanced double flanges but I think that the fit would be better with Re0 ones just that I lost one of them.. getting a deeper fit really helps with the sound.

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,312 of 4,383
er, i think they're the smaller ones, i'd need to dig out the others for comparison but I've tended to go with longer/narrower tips as they make a better seal and the silicone is more comfortable for me than foam tips. I'll try some others out at some point but out of the ones they came with and the ones i had to hand the RE-0 ones are by far comfiest and create a better seal than any of the included silicone ones.

I expected the cable to be thicker than it is having looked at pictures. i'm wondering about buying a spare black one and sleeving some of it in paracord, though i might have to change the jack to a non-right angled one.

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #2,313 of 4,383
Hey,
Have a question about the ue900 cable- how thick's the jack?
I have the shure se425s and it's rediculously big, won't fit in any iPhone case that has has a cutout for earphones, so I ordered a ue900 cable for it(the remote one)
From what I can tell it's not crazy thick, and should be fine
Also for anyone who's had both cables, how do they compare?
Sorry for going a bit off topic here, but I guess the questions still related to the ue900s

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2,314 of 4,383
Hey,
I have the shure se425s and it's rediculously big, won't fit in any iPhone case that has has a cutout for earphones, so I ordered a ue900 cable for it(the remote one)
Sorry for going a bit off topic here, but I guess the questions still related to the ue900s

The jack isn't very thick and is quite compact. It becomes smaller as it gets to the connector so should be ideal

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,315 of 4,383
Hey,

I have both Shure and UE900 and usually Shure IEM won't fit with my cases, UE900 is lot smaller and fits find for all my idevices with the case.
But if you have the ARMOR case then I am not sure. I just have the thin plastic case and rubber ones.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #2,317 of 4,383
I think the sound quality is very good and mine has not had any issues with the build but there is to much documented issues with this IEM to say it is a well built IEM.

I have owned the XBA3 and the 900 does have more detail so technically is a better IEM. But they also sound nothing alike so if you really like the Sony IEM you might not appreciate the 900.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #2,318 of 4,383
I think the sound quality is very good and mine has not had any issues with the build but there is to much documented issues with this IEM to say it is a well built IEM.

I have owned the XBA3 and the 900 does have more detail so technically is a better IEM. But they also sound nothing alike so if you really like the Sony IEM you might not appreciate the 900.

Thanks I think I'll pass then, I was also looking into the klisph X10 or 11 as supposedly they are pretty good in all aspects.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,319 of 4,383
Thanks I think I'll pass then, I was also looking into the klisph X10 or 11 as supposedly they are pretty good in all aspects.
Yes good idea.. For the price of these things there is no excuse for them falling apart like they do.. And I've owned the x10 and I really liked them.. Are they the most detailed iem I've owned? No.. But I can tell you that they are the most comfortable iem I think I've ever owned.. And they do sound really good.. Specially for how small they are.. I've been kinda thinking about buying another pair just for that reason alone.. They have more of a v shaped sound but they do sound good... I'm not trying to bash the 900 but Omg come on.. All I have read about is people saying that they just fall apart.. And not not five or six years down the road either... That's crazy..

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,320 of 4,383
I've had no problems at all with my UE900's , Love them to bits.  I use a Chris Himself custom sliver cable with them.
I had a set of the Klipsch x10's previously and although the fit and sound were good the very thin non-removable cable broke at the eartip after only 10 months ( bought abroad on holiday and lost receipt so no warranty repair)
I'd recommend the UE900's

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,321 of 4,383
I've had no problems at all with my UE900's , Love them to bits.  I use a Chris Himself custom sliver cable with them.
I had a set of the Klipsch x10's previously and although the fit and sound were good the very thin non-removable cable broke at the eartip after only 10 months ( bought abroad on holiday and lost receipt so no warranty repair)
I'd recommend the UE900's
Yes you are so rite about the cables.. If they were removable it would be a lot better.. I found the same thing with my eq5's..they sound amazing and to me were pretty comfy but my left side went on me and because I too lost the receipt no warranty.. The cables on them are horrible too.. And if your using them in the cold the cable hardens up.. I think that's what happened.. It's a shame cause I really liked them.. They were very detailed and I'm a detail junkie..

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #2,322 of 4,383
I've been loving my UE900s for the past nine months but all of a sudden this morning the right ear stopped working.  In trying to troubleshoot, I was trying to switch cables but the earpieces just would not come off plus the right housing just came apart - snapped it back together though.  Fortunately I have my receipt so I am doing a warranty swap.  UE build quality has suffered a lot though since they re-vamped the line - had UE 700s that crapped out twice after a few months.  A shame because I really like the sound, and I will still have and love the 900 once I get my pair back, but I hope Logitech is taking all this feedback in and will improve build when they do another re-vamp...

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #2,323 of 4,383
been using mine for a couple of weeks now, mostly at work and on my commute. Sound has been fantastic, though i'm still working on what fit feels/sounds best for me. No problems with them cutting out, buzzing or screeching, and there isn't a mark showing on them yet.

spybenj, i use mine with my iphone 5 with it's cheap bumper-type case on it. No problem with the jack at all. If I had a chunkier case which might cause issues i think i'd be tempted to wire a small extension to a slim plug that did fit and keep it attached.

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2,324 of 4,383
Hey all — great news to share with all the members on this thread.

The Editors of Pro Audio Review have nominated the UE 900 for the 2013 PAR Excellence Award. Nominations for the 2013 PAR Excellence Awards were developed through the brain trust of PAR Editors and Contributors. Nominations were based on the "I want to own this" principle; gear selected should have a proven field track record, performed well via PAR's "real world" review process, or—in the case of recently released products—have shown particular promise through demonstrations, beta-testing and among early adopters, PAR Contributors, their reviews, and our nomination team.

See more details here and don't miss the part where I explain how to get the serious inside scoop on all your favorite gear:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684372/logitech-ue-900-nominated-for-the-2013-par-excellence-award-in-the-in-ear-monitor-catagory

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #2,325 of 4,383
I understand what they mean by "I want that"-factor. The UE900 were my first real iem crush. I just had to buy them. I didn't care that there might be others that sounded better. I just had to have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back