Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #1,411 of 4,383
Quote:
Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones. My UE 900s arrived today and straight out of the box I'm getting audio cut offs when I move the cable on the right earphone.
Tried cleaning the contacts of both the black and blue cables but the problem still persists. I suppose they'll be sent off back to Logitech first thing next week!

Absolutely unbelievable how bad the quality control is for such an expensive item 

exactly what happened to mine......It's really sad they are having so many problems

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #1,413 of 4,383
Actually, I was so irritated that I got a pair of UE 6000  and Sennheiser HD 598 cans instead because I already have the triple 10s and LOVE them and I'm not going to waste my time with the 900s till they fix the problem

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,414 of 4,383
Quote:
So I've had these for almost a week, decided to change to the black cable and while pulling the housing came apart in two peaces, so quickly and abruptly in fact that the cable connected to the driver tore off completely. To say the least I was shocked and disappointed in the build quality to say the least. Any idea on how nice Logitech / UE are with repairs? Best way to contact? Any help is appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

they should replace them. the same thing happen to me with my first pair

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,415 of 4,383
If you can deal with the fit the TF10 is still more than worthy.  There are many out there that may prefer TF10 outright due to the fuller, bassier sound.  UE900 is very neutral and may not satisfy people that need some energetic bass or bass weight to their listening experience.  If I could buy the TF10 with the UE900 housings/ ergonomics I'd prefer it...

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,418 of 4,383
It's a shame Logitech is having so many problems regarding the UE 900 because my recently purchased ones sound fantastic (always liked the UE sound signature). I suppose my advice would be to hold off but keep them in mind if you're like me and are a fan of how the UEs tend to sound.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,419 of 4,383
Quote:
Well, I bought a pair of these at local Apple.  I have a subtle static issue in right channel.  Possibly a problem with one of the drivers.

Serial number starts "1237" which Logitech tells me was manufactured in September.  Apple has another pair with serial number "1241" which Logitech tells me were made in November so should not exhibit the problem.

Can you guys help and check your serial numbers and let me know what 1st 4-digits are and whether you have this issue or not?  I swapped out cable and problem persists so I am pretty sure it is not a cable/connector issue.  It's a driver issue.  Piss me off!

Thanks!

Oh....and they sound phenommenal.  I definitely prefer the better clarity and airy sound over the W4 but need to get a good pair in hand. first.

My serial number starts with "1238CL"... 

And having issues with the drop outs :frowning2:

Giving them one last day to fix themselves before sending them in for repair... sigh....

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #1,420 of 4,383
Damn, It's depressing to hear about all of these issues with the UE900 - I love my TF10's - I was hoping down the road to get a pair of these - I mean quad BA for around $300? Fun UE sound signature? How can you lose? Apparently a number of ways...

I imagine with the technological might of Logitech behind them, UE will get things sorted out - maybe Black Friday 2014 these will be $150.00 - One can dream.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #1,421 of 4,383
I can actually get these for $150... But even then, reading all these issues you guys have concern me greatly.

I am looking for some new IEMs, after a small fortune spent on on-ear headphones. 

Such as shame that guys here are experiencing dodgy copies. I'm thinking if our Aussie stock would have the same quality control issues? I used to own the TF10's too, so these look great when you consider the more ergonomic shape this time.

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #1,424 of 4,383
Any members of this thread have any experience with the GR07 BE and the BA200s? I have both now and wondering if the UE900 is worth the upgrade. Also, i'm not as concerned with the quality control issues as I have had great customer service with UE in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back