Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,398 of 4,383
@Tinymay392

Good for you. On both counts. Out of curiosity, how do you know how loud you are listening to something? I have a db app on my iphone and put the headphones (from my computer) to the mic on my phone to get an idea of how loud it was but not sure how to accurately measure the volume so any info you could provide would be appreciated. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,399 of 4,383
Quote:
@Tinymay392

Good for you. On both counts. Out of curiosity, how do you know how loud you are listening to something? I have a db app on my iphone and put the headphones (from my computer) to the mic on my phone to get an idea of how loud it was but not sure how to accurately measure the volume so any info you could provide would be appreciated. 

It's an estimate.  I also did it through a rough algorithm using the sensitivity, impedance, voltage output of my iPod, and volume level set that I created.  Again, it's a rough estimate.  What you really need to do to get this number is the sensitivity, impedance, and voltage output of your device (voltmeter is the most accurate for this) to get an estimate.  

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #1,401 of 4,383
^ Who made the sleeves? Do they go deep into your ears and are they very noticeable? They look awesome, but I've tried custom iems and they just don't feel good to me - maybe custom sleeves would be tolerable for me.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #1,402 of 4,383
Quote:
^ Who made the sleeves? Do they go deep into your ears and are they very noticeable? They look awesome, but I've tried custom iems and they just don't feel good to me - maybe custom sleeves would be tolerable for me.

A local audiologist has an in-house technician, she has this service of fitting a range of branded earphones to custom ear tips (like the size of Comply tips but custom made of soft silicon), but I choose the full sleeves option which costs only about $25 more.  They go deep but not too deep I think into my ears, not very noticeable because of their clear silicon nature. I think Spiral Ears offers the same service, but I guess you have to send them your IEMs so they could fit the sleeves around.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,403 of 4,383
So I've had these for almost a week, decided to change to the black cable and while pulling the housing came apart in two peaces, so quickly and abruptly in fact that the cable connected to the driver tore off completely. To say the least I was shocked and disappointed in the build quality to say the least. Any idea on how nice Logitech / UE are with repairs? Best way to contact? Any help is appreciated. :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #1,404 of 4,383
Quote:
So I've had these for almost a week, decided to change to the black cable and while pulling the housing came apart in two peaces, so quickly and abruptly in fact that the cable connected to the driver tore off completely. To say the least I was shocked and disappointed in the build quality to say the least. Any idea on how nice Logitech / UE are with repairs? Best way to contact? Any help is appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooh :frowning2:  Sorry to hear that.  Email Logitech customer support.  Wish you luck with the next pair :frowning2:  

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #1,406 of 4,383
My S/N is 1236 (late November 2012), are there any issues I should be aware of?

UE's build quality does seem sloppy TBH. The arrow mark on my blue cable went away after just a few days of usage, and the cable themselves are super hard to pull out of the earpieces. The UE6000 and 9000 have been reported to have some channel imbalance as well. Fortunately Logitech is behind UE and their customer support is excellent.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,407 of 4,383
Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones. My UE 900s arrived today and straight out of the box I'm getting audio cut offs when I move the cable on the right earphone.
Tried cleaning the contacts of both the black and blue cables but the problem still persists. I suppose they'll be sent off back to Logitech first thing next week!

Absolutely unbelievable how bad the quality control is for such an expensive item 

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #1,408 of 4,383
UNREAL!  Curious what your serial # is?

I'm done with UE900 for now.  If it ever comes down to $250 range I may give it another go but I suspect that will be years from now.  Unless sales are so bad they have no choice.

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #1,410 of 4,383
So glad I bought them off directly from Amazon instead of Logitech:

I called up Logitech first and find out more about the problem.
The first representative wouldn't take responsibility for the order, she said if it's not bought from them, they won't be responsible for it and that I have to deal with my supplier. I was gobsmacked because they clearly state a 2 year warranty on the UE 900 product page!!

Waited 30 minutes and rang again and spoke to a different representative, "Harry" that was much more helpful. At least he made the effort to do some simple troubleshooting with me before giving me my options:
1) Send it back to Logitech, wait 2 weeks for them to determine the problem and get a repair/replacement
2) Contact Amazon which should get it done quicker 

I decided to contact Amazon and will be receiving my replacement in 2 days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back