Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #1,232 of 4,383
After mucking about a bit, I finally hit on the ideal tip for me, the medium size comply.  Kinda strange actually, I usually don't find complies all that comfortable.

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #1,233 of 4,383
[size=10pt]Just got them today.[/size]

[size=10pt]It sounds great. [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]It sounds like mixture of Westone W4 and UE tf10 or more toward W4 with brighter high and punchy and tighter bass.[/size]

[size=10pt]Great isolation. [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Has pretty wide soundstage considering its iem[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Major upgrade on mid from tf10.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Logitech tone down high from tf10[/size]

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #1,234 of 4,383
Quote:

Just got my pair and so far I'm loving them. First post on Head-Fi forums. I'm still new to the whole audiophile scene.

Welcome to Head-Fi, and as always, sorry about your wallet
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #1,236 of 4,383
Quote:

Just got my pair and so far I'm loving them. First post on Head-Fi forums. I'm still new to the whole audiophile scene.

Nice and welcome!

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Dec 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #1,237 of 4,383
Reading the reviews of the UE900 have me chomping at the bit to hear them.  I am getting a pair of these as soon as I can after Christmas, I asked for an Apple store gift card as a Xmas present to defray the cost of getting it, My UE700s gave up the ghost a few months ago, and I have been limping along with PortaPros and the MEElectronics HT-21 (surprisingly decent on separation/detail, especially for $15, although the treble can get shrill) so I could save a bit for some great IEMs.  I have always loved UE's sound signature and have gone up the ladder of their IEMs but never got the TF10s because I knew they'd never fit me right (my left ear canal opening is quite small), so I am so looking forward to hearing these!

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,240 of 4,383
Quote:
You wear them over the ear

Do you now... :p

You can wear them down.  It's decently comfortable, but up is definitely better (it might be the memory wire though).  That said, if you do decide to try to wear them down, cut the memory wire off :p  

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #1,242 of 4,383
Need some help, just got my pair and the right ear is a lot quieter than the left ear, I have tried switching the cables, but it won't work...Im kinda pissed right now, I guess it's a connector issue? Any ideas...sending back asap

Actually, just realized that the cable has be a certain way for the sound the come in full force, then I put it over my ear and the sound goes way low! connector issue for sure

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #1,243 of 4,383
Quote:
Need some help, just got my pair and the right ear is a lot quieter than the left ear, I have tried switching the cables, but it won't work...Im kinda pissed right now, I guess it's a connector issue? Any ideas...sending back asap

3 Possible sources of the problem:
  1. Driver flex (unlikely)
  2. Incomplete, unequal seals between the ears (would be audible)
  3. Driver mismatch

the driver mismatch is most likely the source, maybe a wire disconnect causing sound to drop from 1 or more drivers in the right.  Email Logitech CS and get a replacement.

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,245 of 4,383
Quote:
Driver flex on an armature based iem? That does seem unlikely!

It's very unlikely, especially on a multi-driver, multi-bored.  Still doesn't mean it's not possible :p  I've had driver flex on a few single-driver BAs before in the past, it is rare though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back