Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #122 of 4,383
Quote:
Oh i never thought the prices would be the same but that was what had happened and as you said they were not really that stupid for thinking that.

Americans, like me, don't know any conversion rates XD  People from other countries have approximations memorized XD  CAD and AUD are very close to the USD.

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #123 of 4,383
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I would be SO thrilled if the new cables fit with the TF10's, they're definitely not my favorite cables.

Let me also mention how glad I am that there will be an option for w/mic and w/o, it's nice that they considered that. I use the mic w/ my TF10's on more occasions that I ever thought I would, and welcome the 3 button cable.

Kind of unrelated- has anyone completed all the challenges for CenterStage yet?

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #124 of 4,383
Quote:

1 USD = .97 AUD.  So if you calculate it, they weren't too off...  So 600 AUD = 582 USD XD  But the price is still 400 USD.  Might be better to buy from US and have a trusted friend send them off :wink:

EDIT: unless UE/Logitech updated their pricing for either page. 

A little miscalculation there. 
bigsmile_face.gif

We'll just hope UE doesn't implement any kind of price fixing.

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #125 of 4,383
Quote:
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I would be SO thrilled if the new cables fit with the TF10's, they're definitely not my favorite cables.

Let me also mention how glad I am that there will be an option for w/mic and w/o, it's nice that they considered that. I use the mic w/ my TF10's on more occasions that I ever thought I would, and welcome the 3 button cable.

Kind of unrelated- has anyone completed all the challenges for CenterStage yet?

I don't think they will be compatible, they look more like spinnable shure cables.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #126 of 4,383
Does anybody know when they are supposed go on sale?

If they are an Apple exclusive then we can forget about getting them at a discount. 
frown.gif

Edit:  Never mind...I see they are one sale now.  I wonder if they ship right away.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #127 of 4,383
Quote:
Does anybody know when they are supposed go on sale?

If they are an Apple exclusive then we can forget about getting them at a discount. 
frown.gif

Edit:  Never mind...I see they are one sale now.  I wonder if they ship right away.

September 2012 is the ETA.  It was posted on their press release.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #128 of 4,383
I will be interested to hear some reviews on this IEM.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #130 of 4,383
Quote:
I don't think they will be compatible, they look more like spinnable shure cables.

This probably deserves a topic elsewhere, but can anyone recommend alternative cables for the TF10's? I've seen some customs, but they are pretty steep(IMHO), and I'm really looking for a mic option.

I'm excited to read some reviews for those of you who've already ordered. They do look very nice, but that's the least of my criteria to switch from the TF10s. Comfort is my main motivator, I'm really pleased with them sonically.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #131 of 4,383
Quote:
This probably deserves a topic elsewhere, but can anyone recommend alternative cables for the TF10's? I've seen some customs, but they are pretty steep(IMHO), and I'm really looking for a mic option.

I'm excited to read some reviews for those of you who've already ordered. They do look very nice, but that's the least of my criteria to switch from the TF10s. Comfort is my main motivator, I'm really pleased with them sonically.

I'm quite positive these new IEMs are gonna crap all over the TF10s sonically. The cable is making me wonder though.... Does the "nightmare on Shure-street" continue?

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #134 of 4,383
W4's IE80's and nw UE900s?? need to save sm cash... but need to chek hw its gonna stand with Westone 4s....      god! im gona hv many sleepless nights.!!! :p

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #135 of 4,383
Quote:
Do you guys reckon it'll be cheaper on earphonesolutions.com when this comes out? Or would the logitech store be the cheapest place to buy this?
I'm pretty much sold - just waiting on some reputable reviews. The $399 price tag is on par with shure and westone triple drivers!

and the Australian prices incorporate taxes. still pretty high though

Like hell anyone will pay $599 for a $399 earphone honestly do UE think people are stupid.  Maybe some people are.  I hope UE management in charge of pricing all catch syphilis.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back