Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #4,096 of 4,383
Hi guys, old to headfi but I lost my old email/headfi account so this is a brand new one, about to pull the trigger on a pair of bnib secondhand ue900s. I read the last few pages of this thread and saw that some people have had pretty serious sounding issues with build quality, something about unibody and whatnot. Could someone kindly summarize it for me so that I can decide whether to get them for myself, previously had bad experiences with tf10 build quality but absolutely loved the sound sig. Thanks in advance

Nov 16, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #4,097 of 4,383
Hi guys, old to headfi but I lost my old email/headfi account so this is a brand new one, about to pull the trigger on a pair of bnib secondhand ue900s. I read the last few pages of this thread and saw that some people have had pretty serious sounding issues with build quality, something about unibody and whatnot. Could someone kindly summarize it for me so that I can decide whether to get them for myself, previously had bad experiences with tf10 build quality but absolutely loved the sound sig. Thanks in advance

The old UE900 had build problems, mainly due to the bad glue in the shell separating after a while and the nozzle snapping off. Also, the connector kept cutting off sound. Seems like those issues were all fixed with the new UE900S: I've had mine for months and not a single issue (except for bending the ear hooks too much and snapping the metal guide wire).

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #4,098 of 4,383
The old UE900 had build problems, mainly due to the bad glue in the shell separating after a while and the nozzle snapping off. Also, the connector kept cutting off sound. Seems like those issues were all fixed with the new UE900S: I've had mine for months and not a single issue (except for bending the ear hooks too much and snapping the metal guide wire).
how would i be able to tell if the ue900s that im getting are the S model? Is it printed on the box or something? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #4,099 of 4,383
how would i be able to tell if the ue900s that im getting are the S model? Is it printed on the box or something? Thanks.

That, and that the nozzle isn't black. If you're unlucky, you might get an S box with all the S accessories but with the gimped UE900 body.​

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #4,101 of 4,383
The right earpiece of my UE900 is broken, maybe someone got a UE900 that has a broken left earpiece and wants to sell me their right one? I am talking about the UE900 without the S. Just PM me.
Had the same thing happen to my um3x when my sis sat on them, and imo you might be better off trying to get them reshelled if the drivers and cabling haven't been crushed.

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #4,103 of 4,383
Thanks for the idea, sadly one of the drivers is damaged and reshelling costs more than new UE900 in Europe...
Woah. That's pretty ridiculous considering where i live, a ue900 is easily triple what a simple reshell would cost. Have you considered sending them back to logitech/ue? Plead your case well enough and you might get lucky, they seem to be quite helpful from what I've heard regarding the ue900 debacle.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #4,106 of 4,383
My understanding is that both the UE900 and UE900S have been discontinued worldwide. The UE900S is still available on their website though.
http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-monitors/for-audiophiles  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back